What's new

Watch Geeks?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a shot of my current collection, but here's a quick womw. Oh, Josh, I'm loving the "Leo"

Sweet score Logan. Iseewhatchudidthar

image.jpg

This is also my first dive into mechanical watches: a vintage tissot antimagnetique from 1950
image.jpg

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Looking good all! Love some Christmas watches. I am hoping to land a Rolex Exp II Polar white in the VERY near future...rationalize, rationalize, pure drooool, more rationalization!

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Have a Tag Grand Carerra 1875 Racing edition I have been eyeing.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Looking good all! Love some Christmas watches. I am hoping to land a Rolex Exp II Polar white in the VERY near future...rationalize, rationalize, pure drooool, more rationalization!
I was going to buy that same watch as a Christmas gift to myself. Figured college is more important. -.-
Yes, college is fo sho! Plenty of time for more expensive watches for you in the future. That said, I'm about to be coming up on the big four zero....ohhhh man, I'm about to be an old goat....This is the best new rendition Rolex has done IMHO. The white dial is sick!

halel

Banned
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I was going to buy that same watch as a Christmas gift to myself. Figured college is more important. -.-
Yes, college is fo sho! Plenty of time for killer watches for you in the future. That said, I'm now about coming up on the big four zero....ohhhh man, I'm about to be an old goat....This is the best new rendition Rolex has done IMHO. The white dial is sick!

It's a great watch. But to avoid being accused of having a mid-life crisis(I realize you aren't that old :p ) you might want to go with an Omega or Zenith or the like. :)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yes, college is fo sho! Plenty of time for killer watches for you in the future. That said, I'm now about coming up on the big four zero....ohhhh man, I'm about to be an old goat....This is the best new rendition Rolex has done IMHO. The white dial is sick!

It's a great watch. But to avoid being accused of having a mid-life crisis(I realize you aren't that old :p ) you might want to go with an Omega or Zenith or the like. :)
First, let me clear things up a bit. I am a WIS and have owned and flipped crap ton of watches. From micros to well known. I'm not an Omega fanboy, will likely never own one again. No need to go into that any deeper, that is WUS conversation.
Secondly, put all BS aside most watch brands that TRULY make their own in-house movements with complications actually cost more. Public perception and show offs tarnish the Rolex name. Those that really know watches (most) would agree Rolex is a good value in "watch" world if going Swiss in-house movement. From perception to resale. There are many great watches from endless brands no doubt. That is why I own more than one watch ;-)

halel

Banned
Rating - 100%
17   0   0

First, let me clear things up a bit. I am a WIS and have owned and flipped a lot watches. From micros to well known. I'm not an Omega fanboy, will likely never own one again. No need to go into that any deeper, that is WUS conversation.
Secondly, put all BS aside most watch brands that TRULY make their own in house movements with complications actually cost more. Public perception and show offs tarnish the Rolex name. Those that really know watches (most) would agree Rolex is a good value in "watch" world. From perception to resale. There are many great watches from endless brands no doubt. That is why I own more than one watch ;-)
Haha I gotcha. If I were to own a Rolex it would be the Exp II polar. One of the only Rolex I like(and one of the only ones not completely ruined by 'public perception'). A friend of mine got a sub as a birthday present and everyone assumes it's fake
I like my Omega more than any Rolex I've ever tried on but this one sure is sexy.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The Swatch Group rubs me. Especially, Omega and the initial co-axial BS. They are doing good stuff now, but should quit trying to catch up to Rolex cost wise. I bought an Omega PO about this time 7 years back for $1820 stamped from an AD. Look how much they cost now, granted new movement, etc. My point is Omega is not much different $$$$ from Rolex in regards to in-house sport models. I buy for me, not public perception. I could give $hit what others think, a little watch education for most goes along way I have found.

halel

Banned
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
No doubt, they've gotten out of control. My Omega is an '08 and goes for more now than it did brand new.
Their newer stuff is really really nice though.
Then again, rolex have raised their prices a lot too..

To each their own though, I'm just not a huge fan of what I've seen from Rolex. Especially at their price points.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
No doubt, they've gotten out of control. My Omega is an '08 and goes for more now than it did brand new.

To each their own though, I'm just not a huge fan of what I've seen from Rolex. Especially at their price points.
Agree, prices are horrible now in general for either brand. I guess my only point is if you are looking to buy a true in-house GMT Swiss movement name a cheaper brand? That likely ends the debate.
Aesthetics and feel are completely individual and I understand liking one brand over another. Do I think Rolex is the "end all, be all"? Heck no, but I can not afford a JLC, AP, etc ;-)
Ugghhhh, I knew better than to start this conversation, sorry. Half the reason I spend less time on WUS over the last few years. Though, the Olivier saga has kept it interesting. Now that is truly an awful drama. Like a train wreck, you watch anyways.....

halel

Banned
Rating - 100%
17   0   0

Agree, prices are horrible now in general for either brand. I guess my only point is if you are looking to buy a true in-house GMT Swiss movement name a cheaper brand? That likely ends the debate.
Aesthetics and feel are completely individual and I understand liking one brand over another. Do I think Rolex is the "end all, be all"? Heck no, but I can not afford a JLC, AP, etc ;-)
Ugghhhh, I knew better than to start this conversation, sorry. Half the reason I spend less time on WUS in the few years. Though, the Olivier saga has kept it interesting. Now that is truly an awful drama. Like a train wreck, you watch anyways.....

Lol it's always good to have a convo with a wis, even a debate ;) WUS has gone to hell. The whole watch and watch-related industry is really getting out of control. The W serial exp2 was going for $3,200 fully serviced a couple years ago. Now I'm looking at 4k for a fairly rough model.
Looking at Ball lately.