What's new

We need a C-Bid code word

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Eric-

I've spent a few seconds thinking about this, when you insert the lot # into the database, are you adding the userid with with it?

If so, you could add a query to lookup all lot #'s submitted by that user and display it in the window below the lot # input box (when they click on cbidulator in the tools menu). Then add a remove button with check boxes, that way if a user gets outbid, they can remove themselves from the list by removing the entry from the database.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea you've come up! :thumbsup:

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I like it. Thanks for helping us out here Eric. As always, you've come through!

Not sure how a list of BotL brothers and their open auctions would go over, but it would be nice to have a list to look over....

I wouldn't have a problem with people seeing my auction list, but some might.

Like Todd said earlier, this should work fine as long as people use it.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I am not saying to have the list visible to everyone. When you click on "Cbidulator", you get a pop-up window, in the pop-up would appear all of the lot #'s you have entered. Nobody else can see it, just you. Then if you get outbid, you can open that up, select the lot you are no longer a bidder on, and remove it. That way if another BOTL member enters the lot number in, it won't tell them that it is currently being bid on by a BOTL member.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Haven't had time to update the tool since I've been sick.

I'm not even sure if I need to update the tool. Let me try to explain. The idea behind the tool is so that you don't outbid a BOTL member. If someone outside BOTL outbids you and then a different BOTL member outbids them... the result is one BOTL member technically outbid another BOTL member. The only time it becomes a problem is if you only do a one-time, lowball bid and register your lot with our tool.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
In that scenario another BOTL memeber wouldn't outbid the non BOTL member because the tool would still say a BOTL member is bidding even though they are not.

Maybe the weekly code word works better...ya know...K.I.S.S.?

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I think Eric's tool is a great idea and will eliminate any potential problems with cbid (banning people for cheating the system). I think it's a great start to a really good idea.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
They go nuts with all that competition crap. Sometimes I just want to remove all my business from them.