What's new

Welcome Contest!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@zrotfus

Man... I can't believe I lost my walker AGAIN lol!!

Good luck with the sanity by the way :).
Ha it's actually a point of contention in the Boston area. People use walkers, lawn chairs, etc as space savers. As in, when someone digs their car out (which often requires a monumental effort) they want to keep that spot open for when they return. The municipalities around here have been trying to do away with this because technically street spots are all public and cannot be claimed. And people will get nasty if their walker or whatever is moved and their spot stolen, keying cars, getting in fights and shit. I see both sides of it. Just glad I have a driveway.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha it's actually a point of contention in the Boston area. People use walkers, lawn chairs, etc as space savers. As in, when someone digs their car out (which often requires a monumental effort) they want to keep that spot open for when they return. The municipalities around here have been trying to do away with this because technically street spots are all public and cannot be claimed. And people will get nasty if their walker or whatever is moved and their spot stolen, keying cars, getting in fights and shit. I see both sides of it. Just glad I have a driveway.
I heard Mayor Walsh said something to the extent of, if you dug it out you're entitled to it for a few days. That's just how southie operates, its a way of life!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow ok - thanks for the follow up. I was looking at the photo and found that a little, uh... surreal lol.

Clearly, I could make a fortune in the Boston area selling my trademarked inflatable, life sized cars, to fill spots till you get there lol!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard Mayor Walsh said something to the extent of, if you dug it out you're entitled to it for a few days. That's just how southie operates, its a way of life!
Ha yeah I saw him tweet something like that. I think within Boston city limits it's still legal within 48 hrs after a snow emergency. But they formally outlawed it in the South End, and they're technically illegal in Medford but as you can see, not so frequently enforced.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha yeah I saw him tweet something like that. I think within Boston city limits it's still legal within 48 hrs after a snow emergency. But they formally outlawed it in the South End, and they're technically illegal in Medford but as you can see, not so frequently enforced.
I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to tell a resident of southie that they cant use their lawn chair to hold a spot. It's best to not enforce this policy...

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to tell a resident of southie that they cant use their lawn chair to hold a spot. It's best to not enforce this policy...
We have the same thing here in South Philly. Lawn chairs, fold out tables, trash bags, you name it and it's used.
Also, the same thing goes here with telling someone to move their chair. No dice. Try and move the objects, well, I just don't recommend it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to give this a go... I can't believe this happened AGAIN!!!! Third Monday of classes this semester, also the third Monday snow day. Currently snow day #4, but tomorrow is looking like #5
I would be torn :) - school costing as much as it does, a large part of me would feel robbed! Then I would feel doubly robbed knowing the prof communicated to me via email - I mean, what kind of shitty snow day is it when you get emailed homework lol.

But then... YAY, snow day!! :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be torn :) - school costing as much as it does, a large part of me would feel robbed! Then I would feel doubly robbed knowing the prof communicated to me via email - I mean, what kind of shitty snow day is it when you get emailed homework lol.

But then... YAY, snow day!! :)
So we ended up getting #5, the thing for me is, I don't mind having snow days, my work just gets pushed back, and I don't feel like I'm missing all that much. And to put icing on the cake we might be getting another foot of now at the end of the work week, so that might be fun too...

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
With all this snow talk, I dug this up from the vaults.
This is a good friend of mine, roommate at the time, after a blizzard in the Poconos. I think it was '02 or '03 maybe.

"Scott's got a bad case of cabin fever. Man...I cannot believe this happened again!