What's new

Well it’s baseball season officially

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
What do you guys think of Puig going to the Reds? Good fit?
As a Dodger fan I wish him well. With all the talent this guy has, he could be a perennial all-star if he ever put it all together. His hitting coach, Turner Ward, made the move with him, and I think that helps him, he loves that guy. You have to keep him focused but if he is, he can hit .280-.300, with 30 bombs no problem. It’s a nice ball park to hit in.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
As a Dodger fan I wish him well. With all the talent this guy has, he could be a perennial all-star if he ever put it all together. His hitting coach, Turner Ward, made the move with him, and I think that helps him, he loves that guy. You have to keep him focused but if he is, he can hit .280-.300, with 30 bombs no problem. It’s a nice ball park to hit in.
I think as a player he will be a good addition. My concern is more in the dugout when Puig tries to kiss Votto. Something tells me Votto is NOT a dugout kissing kind of guy. And Puig seems the guy who wouldn't take no for an answer. I am just not seeing unity on the team at this point. I may be wrong and they end up living together and adopting twins.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I think as a player he will be a good addition. My concern is more in the dugout when Puig tries to kiss Votto. Something tells me Votto is NOT a dugout kissing kind of guy. And Puig seems the guy who wouldn't take no for an answer. I am just not seeing unity on the team at this point. I may be wrong and they end up living together and adopting twins.
That’s true, he’d been with the Dodgers long enough so everyone was used to him, but in a new place, I guess we’ll see.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Votto takes his baseball pretty seriously, so it will be fun to watch. And Puig seems like a playful, fun loving kind of guy. It will either work or it won't.
As a Cardinals fan, I know they put a BIG premium on the character of a player who will buy in to the team as much as they do ability to play baseball. I think Goldschmidt and Andrew Miller are great fits.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
It's that time of year again. Do you think your team looks to have improved over last year?

They may fool me, but I think the Cardinals took a step back.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
It's that time of year again. Do you think your team looks to have improved over last year?

They may fool me, but I think the Cardinals took a step back.
Right there with you. Cubs are looking like a fourth place team this year. Might be able to beat out the Brewers and finish third again, but I see Cardinals and Reds fighting to win the division this year.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
The Twins are looking good again and have even picked up some pitching which is what kept them from going farther than they should have last year.

Maybe they just need a little something else extra to get them over the hump? I’m thinking maybe an electronic surveillance system that helps them figure out their opponent’s signs? Something like that could potentially get your team to the World Series.

Sent from my iPhone using that Tapatalk Thingy

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Right there with you. Cubs are looking like a fourth place team this year. Might be able to beat out the Brewers and finish third again, but I see Cardinals and Reds fighting to win the division this year.
The Cards are going to really miss Marcel Ozunas bat. They also let Wacha and Martinez go off the pitching staff. I don't have high hopes, but they have surprised me before.

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Twins improved both on their offense (which had a record year last year) and on their pitching (which was their weakness lat year). I got high hopes for the Twinkies but MN teams always seem to find a way to disappoint. They are vulnerable at SS and 1st base but with Donaldson at 3rd he can help SS and you have to have Sano somewhere in the lineup. Either way I think it is going to be another fun year!