What's new

Well it’s baseball season officially

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Lol 2 nights in a row? More like the last month in a row. The Brewers won the Division, and I wouldn't say anything to take away from the incredible stretch run, but also the Cubs LOST the division. So then you got the Rockies who won their way into the post season, going up against a team that lost their way into the wildcard. The only thing that surprised me was that the pitching was so good last night; I expected a Rockies blowout.
All good points.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Lol 2 nights in a row? More like the last month in a row. The Brewers won the Division, and I wouldn't say anything to take away from the incredible stretch run, but also the Cubs LOST the division. So then you got the Rockies who won their way into the post season, going up against a team that lost their way into the wildcard. The only thing that surprised me was that the pitching was so good last night; I expected a Rockies blowout.
And yet he pulled his star pitcher who was pitching lights out and was fired up....I just don't get Madden this year.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No shit. It wasn't him it was his puppet masters. The farm team mentality sucks when you keep getting rid of good veteran players. If you never pay for a winning team, you'll never have one, IE Doziers release to name a few. Doesn't matter who's coaching if they don't have veterans in the field and locker room....
From the Minneapolis Start Tribune:
Derek Falvey and Thad Levine on Tuesday fired Molitor, the manager whom they inherited when taking over the team two autumns ago, and in doing so, recited a list of factors they said played no part in their decision. Their actual reasons for replacing him after four seasons in the dugout, however, were considerably more vague.

“It was about where our club is for the present and the future. This wasn’t about our record this year,” said Falvey, the Twins’ chief baseball officer, in an afternoon news conference at Target Field. “We just feel a change in voice and potential style with some of these younger players could be of benefit to us.”

The “young” part might have been Falvey’s most telling hint. The Twins were counting on a handful of players in their early 20s to take big steps forward in 2018, and carry the franchise forward with them. But Byron Buxton broke down, Miguel Sano melted down, Max Kepler slowed down and even All-Star Jose Berrios wore down, not only ruining the team’s plans for a breakthrough season, but putting this long-awaited class of Twins prospects in jeopardy of washing out.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
My daughter is not a baseball fan; she likes hockey and football. She has lamented a few times since school started, that everyone in her school likes the Cardinals - her classmates, her teacher, even the DARE officer are all Cards fans...

So she's decided she wants a Cubs hat, just to irritate all the baseball fans around her. I'm so proud :ROFLMAO:

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
My daughter is not a baseball fan; she likes hockey and football. She has lamented a few times since school started, that everyone in her school likes the Cardinals - her classmates, her teacher, even the DARE officer are all Cards fans...

So she's decided she wants a Cubs hat, just to irritate all the baseball fans around her. I'm so proud :ROFLMAO:
Lol, that will match the "kick me" sign you put on her back. Teaching her some of life's tough lessons at an early age. No snowflakes in the Useless household. :troll: :)

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0

Shoulda won that 18 inning game. Dave Roberts da real WS MVP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are now in the business of baseball segment season where the "brain-trusts" of each team try to win games by moving the game pieces around the proverbial baseball chess board.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
We are now in the business of baseball segment season where the "brain-trusts" of each team try to win games by moving the game pieces around the proverbial baseball chess board.
What did you think of the Molitor Termination?

Stupid Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t like it. That was all about Falvey and Levine wanting a coaching staff of their choosing. So he was designed to get fired. He would have gotten the boot the year before if he hadn’t won AL Manager of the year. He wasn’t a bad manager. He also gets paid through the remainder of his contract so we don’t need to feel too bad for Molly.

It’s just Falve and Levine are apostles of baseball analytics and want it followed 100%. I think Molly used them but he tempered the analytics with real field experience of a Hall of Farmer. Most baseball managers were not HoF material. Perhaps, because they didn’t have the skills, they are more likely to use the situational management of the game. Look at the new guy, he has never been a manager so he is putty in their hands.

I think analytics are a tool to be used but they are not infallible. Today’s shift with 2 strikes where the 3rd baseman goes to second and the 2nd baseman goes a short fielder only works because left-handed batters have a difficult time adjusting their swing to the wide open left side of the field. Eventually, that skill will get learned and it won’t work to the extreme way it is used today. Also, look at the way teams only have a couple starting pitchers with teams using the opener concept of pitching where the opening pitcher only pitched a couple of innings.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Cards sign Andrew Miller to a 2 year deal with a 3rd year option. I think this should be a great move to shore up the bullpen and possibly the closer position if he is healthy like they believe he is. Another good citizen too to go along with Goldschmidt.

Reds get Puig, Kemp and Wood from the Dodgers. NL Central is going to be fun, competitive and exciting.