What's new

Well it’s baseball season officially

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Yeah, I thought it might be a tough game for the Cubs when Toddfather hit a Grand Slam in the top of the first. But no one wins them all.
Yep, I'll take the split from last night's finale. The funny thing is that I've been more concerned about the Cards all season than the Brewers. The Brewers remind me of the Detroit Lions; competitive all season long, and disappear when it counts. The Cards are the Packers, always there, even if you don't think they're capable. That's a winning franchise for ya.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Yep, I'll take the split from last night's finale. The funny thing is that I've been more concerned about the Cards all season than the Brewers. The Brewers remind me of the Detroit Lions; competitive all season long, and disappear when it counts. The Cards are the Packers, always there, even if you don't think they're capable. That's a winning franchise for ya.
The Cards season turned around after they fired Matheny and brought Shildt up from the minors to manage the team. I had no idea who the guy was, but the players love him. They feel more relaxed to play without thinking their job is in jeopardy. And instead of being 1 game over .500, since July 15th they are 27-12. Completely different team. Time will tell if their success continues. But they are a HOT team these last 6 weeks and are having fun.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Excellent analogy, but being a Lions fan, it stung a little. It was almost better (I did say almost), when we just plained sucked. Now we're good enough to win about half our games which just gives us a lower draft pick. A playoff victory? Lord, I hope in my lifetime, haha.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Excellent analogy, but being a Lions fan, it stung a little. It was almost better (I did say almost), when we just plained sucked. Now we're good enough to win about half our games which just gives us a lower draft pick. A playoff victory? Lord, I hope in my lifetime, haha.
I feel ya. I'm always pulling for them to knock off the Packers and now the Vikings decided to start being competitive again too.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Hahaha, yessir Livin' in the mid 80s still. :LOL:
I'm in STL; used to root for KC just to annoy people around here, but it doesn't have the same effect since the Rams left - was halfway thinking that cheering for the Bears would accomplish the same bc they're from Chicago, but I think they're about to have a laughable season so idk...

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Well, the playoffs begin. My Cards get to watch from home again this year and I tip my cap to the Cubs and Brewers. The way they are playing the Brewers look tough and are playing their best ball of the year.
I will be pulling for the Brewers, but it appears to be a Red Sux year..

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Well, the playoffs begin. My Cards get to watch from home again this year and I tip my cap to the Cubs and Brewers. The way they are playing the Brewers look tough and are playing their best ball of the year.
In keeping with the theme of annoying the people around me, I might have to pull for the Cubs now that they're in the playoffs and the Cards are done... Brewers have been looking pretty good lately though

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here in MN the business side of baseball took center stage. The Twins fired Paul Molitor as manager and offered him a position in Baseball Operations. He has 2 years left on a 3year contract. He goes from 2017 AL Manager of the Year to scapegoat one year later.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I’m a Yankees fan. But if they’re done, please let anyone win it all but the Red Sux.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Here in MN the business side of baseball took center stage. The Twins fired Paul Molitor as manager and offered him a position in Baseball Operations. He has 2 years left on a 3year contract. He goes from 2017 AL Manager of the Year to scapegoat one year later.
No shit. It wasn't him it was his puppet masters. The farm team mentality sucks when you keep getting rid of good veteran players. If you never pay for a winning team, you'll never have one, IE Doziers release to name a few. Doesn't matter who's coaching if they don't have veterans in the field and locker room....

Stupid Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I'm here at Wrigley. This is insane.
I bet it was bedlam at Wrigley. Heyward striking out with the bases loaded was huge IMO. I am sure you are still feeling the sting of a tough loss to end the season, but there is always next year. The NL Central is a tough place to make a livin. At this point I hope the Brewers represent us well.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I bet it was bedlam at Wrigley. Heyward striking out with the bases loaded was huge IMO. I am sure you are still feeling the sting of a tough loss to end the season, but there is always next year. The NL Central is a tough place to make a livin. At this point I hope the Brewers represent us well.
That's kind of where I'm at. Was trying to figure out who to pull for after last night and I suppose I'd like to see the Crew do well.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
When I saw Bryant swinging slower than a Little League player, I knew we were done.
Yup, is shoulder is still obviously not close to 100%. Heyward had a chance to put a exclamation point on a nice comeback season, but that didn't happen either.

Let's Go Hawks!

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Cubs shite their pants two nights in a row. Whole lotta nothin'.
Lol 2 nights in a row? More like the last month in a row. The Brewers won the Division, and I wouldn't say anything to take away from the incredible stretch run, but also the Cubs LOST the division. So then you got the Rockies who won their way into the post season, going up against a team that lost their way into the wildcard. The only thing that surprised me was that the pitching was so good last night; I expected a Rockies blowout.