What's new

What are you grilling/smoking?

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Daaaang bro. Heck the T52 is a good stick too

I’ve got a big green egg but it’s brutal cold here presently so nothing lately. Did a roast a while back.

Capn_Jackson

A Razorback lost in Texas land
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
View attachment 168755Only pictures I have of it. Sweet potatoes in the foil. I went nuts over those seeet potatoes.
I don’t have an Egg, but I bought a convEGGtor plate like that one shown. I put it in my Weber kettle, with coals underneath, when I want to grill pizza. Works great!

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Cooked up this tri tip last night. These Costco seasoned tri tips are killer!
I finally learned to take the meat out at a lower temp, and put it in a 9x13 pan, cover it with foil and let it cook the rest of the way. Comes out much more juicy.
You guys are probably like, "Duh!....tell us something we don't know!" Be easy on me fellas, I'm figuring this stuff out slowly but surely.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Big bird Dang that looks good man. My kid is frozen shut on the egg. Cold here but no wind /sun is out. I was gonna toss something on there. Might just do a steak on my old falling apart charcoal grill. Grilled food is grilled food.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Cooked up this tri tip last night. These Costco seasoned tri tips are killer!
I finally learned to take the meat out at a lower temp, and put it in a 9x13 pan, cover it with foil and let it cook the rest of the way. Comes out much more juicy.
You guys are probably like, "Duh!....tell us something we don't know!" Be easy on me fellas, I'm figuring this stuff out slowly but surely.
View attachment 168794
A little cooler works wonders. Wrap w foil. If it’s small you can take up some space with towels.

I carpenter a little in the off-season. I’m a farmer as my number one. Got some cattle andraise crops

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
The cooler just kinda helps the temps come down way slow. I read it on the internet somewhere and tried it. Really works well with like pork shoulder or brisket.

Capn_Jackson

A Razorback lost in Texas land
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The cooler just kinda helps the temps come down way slow. I read it on the internet somewhere and tried it. Really works well with like pork shoulder or brisket.
Yes, it’s called a “faux cambro,” and can work really well on bbq. Wrap the meat in foil, with an extremely good crimped seal all around (otherwise you’re about to ruin a bunch of towels). Then you’re basically going to wrap that in towels and put in a small empty ice chest. Put a couple towels in the bottom of the chest first, then the foil-wrapped meat, and then stuff towels around the edges of the foil wrap. Try to fill in all the empty spaces. Make sure you don’t put in so many that the lid won’t close. Close the lid, and you can leave that pork shoulder or brisket for hours. I haven’t done that in a long time, but it used to be standard protocol for my big roasts. Use old towels if you do this. There’ll likely be a little juice no matter how well you seal the foil.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Yes, it’s called a “faux cambro,” and can work really well on bbq. Wrap the meat in foil, with an extremely good crimped seal all around (otherwise you’re about to ruin a bunch of towels). Then you’re basically going to wrap that in towels and put in a small empty ice chest. Put a couple towels in the bottom of the chest first, then the foil-wrapped meat, and then stuff towels around the edges of the foil wrap. Try to fill in all the empty spaces. Make sure you don’t put in so many that the lid won’t close. Close the lid, and you can leave that pork shoulder or brisket for hours. I haven’t done that in a long time, but it used to be standard protocol for my big roasts. Use old towels if you do this. There’ll likely be a little juice no matter how well you seal the foil.
I concur. Exactly