What's new

What are you listening to?

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Weather Report - Heavy Weather
Missed seeing them in 1977 when they played at the Waikiki Shell. Went to see Little Feat instead but Jaco came up after their show and sat in on the encore - “Teenage Nervous Breakdown”.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland
I remember buying a used copy from a “hippie” shpo back in 1970, shortly before Jimi’s death. A few years later as a perk of working in a record store, I swapped my worn out, scratchy records for new copies. The old set was returned by a “customer” because it “skipped”. :angelic:

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Love it. SVR is so subtle on the tracks, but those who are fans can't miss that distinctive sound.
Actually, we had the radio going on at our company Christmas dinner on Thursday and then “China Girl” came on. I commented to the guy standing next to me that “Let’s Dance” was a great album and here comes the Stevie Ray solo. He didn’t know that SRV played on it :banghead: so I gave him a brief music history lesson...including the fact that Stevie Ray quit the band / was fired (...depending on who’s version you believe...) just before the tour to support the album began.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Elton John - Rock of the Fillmore Westies - Nov. 1970 - Fillmore West, San Francisco, CA
Some "old" Elton when it was just a trio - Elton, Nigel Olsson and Dee Murray

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
The first time I heard Leo play was a Saturday nite live show about the same year.
Thought it was at least two people playing, went out the next day and bought an album.
When asked why he didn't sing on the album, his reply was " My voice sounds like goose farts on a muggy day."
Highly underrated musician.
The next week I heard Leon Redbone on SNL. What a character!