What's new

What are you listening to?

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Well... At least you didn't call me guey...wait....you did!!! :LOL: :LOL:
I was actually asking those who were posting the Rancheras. Hey....it's better than Buey, right???
My maestros taught me how to fit in....putadas, slang, etc. They did not teach me "Spanish".
Ahhhhh raza!!!:LOL:

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Storytellers: Texican time.

I remember my grandfather had this as one of like 3 cassettes in his truck. Used to listen to it constantly and this was my favorite song. Still remember all those times when he and I would be driving to go fishing at the lake or at the coast. On the bench seat between us there'd usually be a big-ass greasy bag of foil-wrapped chorizo/egg and chorizo/bean tacos that grandma had gotten up early to make for us, homemade flour tortillas and all. Those were our breakfast and lunch. Sometimes we'd catch fish, sometimes not, but I always treasured those times. One time we got caught in a pretty gnarly storm out on the lake that came out of nowhere. We were near the dam in pretty deep water, so there were BIG waves that almost capsized us. I was probably 16 or 17. He had let me drive the boat for a little while prior to that, and when the storm hit I got up to let him drive but he said that I should drive the boat back to the dock, that he knew I could do it. Was a white knuckle 15 minutes or so but we got back there and I remember he smiled and clapped me on the shoulder and told me that I did some good navigating. Felt like a badass. :)

Great song and a great story Carlos! I used to do the same with my Grandpa. Minus the Chorizo tacos though.:cry:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Another Ellie Goulding. This time as part of a collab with Kygo, who just makes anything that he touches amazing. Downtempo/tropical house has ALMOST as special a place in my psyche as Lo-Fi does. The chillest of all feelings.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Nilsson - Nilsson Schmilsson

In the vinyl days, I definitely preferred Side 2 of the record - “Coconut”, “Let the Good Times Roll” and “Jump Into the Fire” were, and still are my favorite songs.

View attachment 168553
My Mom used to play this album all the time when I was a kid. I still listen to it often, especially "Jump Into the Fire".