What's new

What are you listening to?

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Finally got around to listening to the Old Gods of Appalachia podcast that a couple of ya'll recommended. Good stuff! Think I'm gonna make this what I listen to when I go on my walks.

But not when I'm walking in the woods...and especially not when I'm walking in the woods around sundown. :oops:

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Finally got around to listening to the Old Gods of Appalachia podcast that a couple of ya'll recommended. Good stuff! Think I'm gonna make this what I listen to when I go on my walks.

But not when I'm walking in the woods...and especially not when I'm walking in the woods around sundown. :oops:
Never heard of it. I'll have to check it out

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
More Texican story time. My grandpa took a contract job in St. Albans, WV back in 1993. I spent the summer up there with him and my grandma. Still one of the prettiest damn states I have ever been in. Well, across the river, there was this little park with a small lake in it that was stocked with bluegill. No matter how tired he was, he used to take me there almost every evening to go do a little fishing until it got dark. I probably caught and released 300 tiny little fish that summer from that lake. Got nostalgic a couple years back and with the miracle of my memory and Google Maps I was able to figure out that the park in question is Ridenour Memorial Park in Nitro, WV.

Anyway, this song was all over country radio that summer and every time I hear it, I'm back in West Virginia catching bluegill with my grandfather:

@the camaro show @Dylantaylor059 - not sure if y'all are anywhere near that part of the state, but figured I'd tag y'all in this one just in case. :)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
More Texican story time. My grandpa took a contract job in St. Albans, WV back in 1993. I spent the summer up there with him and my grandma. Still one of the prettiest damn states I have ever been in. Well, across the river, there was this little park with a small lake in it that was stocked with bluegill. No matter how tired he was, he used to take me there almost every evening to go do a little fishing until it got dark. I probably caught and released 300 tiny little fish that summer from that lake. Got nostalgic a couple years back and with the miracle of my memory and Google Maps I was able to figure out that the park in question is Ridenour Memorial Park in Nitro, WV.

Anyway, this song was all over country radio that summer and every time I hear it, I'm back in West Virginia catching bluegill with my grandfather:

@the camaro show @Dylantaylor059 - not sure if y'all are anywhere near that part of the state, but figured I'd tag y'all in this one just in case. :)
Couple hours south of us but as a fisher myself this is a great story man thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Yeah like Dylan said that’s pretty much middle of the state. We’re in the northern panhandle, still beautiful country though. I love fishing even though I only do it at my uncles lake house on Tappen lake in Ohio and a yearly charter in Myrtle beach. Believe it not fishing was the first time I had a cigar. My freshman year of college like the first week my 2 best friends I had made on the golf team, one was a very avid fisher so we found a lake and Andrew’s uncle was a avid cigar smoker and ever Christmas would give him some cigars so he gave all one and we had a hell of a time together and after that our friendship was cemented. Unfortunately it only lasted a year due to the school about closing.