What's new

What are you listening to?

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Their sound is definitely distinctively Texan. Any band that can tilt from country to conjunto in a single song is alright with me. :ROFLMAO:

Another example of this...a cover of an old school ranchera by a beloved Texas country singer (with guest vocals from his Dad!):

Eso compa!!! I love it!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0

These got me weird looks when I was a teenager. Me and my boy would roll around thumping them at full volume on some Boston Acoustics 6x9s that could rattle the trunk.

Imagine a white kid in the rural south pulling up to a stop light in a 1978 Nova when the horns come in loud enough to hear 100 yards away.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

These got me weird looks when I was a teenager. Me and my boy would roll around thumping them at full volume on some Boston Acoustics 6x9s that could rattle the trunk.

Imagine a white kid in the rural south pulling up to a stop light in a 1978 Nova when the horns come in loud enough to hear 100 yards away.
That rocks. :D :LOL::cool:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Now and then I've been known to sing the "Her moods can change like the weather out in Lubbock" line to my wife when she is particularly agitated with me. It usually goes as well as you would expect. :ROFLMAO:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Storytellers: Texican time.

I remember my grandfather had this as one of like 3 cassettes in his truck. Used to listen to it constantly and this was my favorite song. Still remember all those times when he and I would be driving to go fishing at the lake or at the coast. On the bench seat between us there'd usually be a big-ass greasy bag of foil-wrapped chorizo/egg and chorizo/bean tacos that grandma had gotten up early to make for us, homemade flour tortillas and all. Those were our breakfast and lunch. Sometimes we'd catch fish, sometimes not, but I always treasured those times. One time we got caught in a pretty gnarly storm out on the lake that came out of nowhere. We were near the dam in pretty deep water, so there were BIG waves that almost capsized us. I was probably 16 or 17. He had let me drive the boat for a little while prior to that, and when the storm hit I got up to let him drive but he said that I should drive the boat back to the dock, that he knew I could do it. Was a white knuckle 15 minutes or so but we got back there and I remember he smiled and clapped me on the shoulder and told me that I did some good navigating. Felt like a badass. :)