What's new

What are you reading

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Just finished Tom Clancy/Mark Greaney's True Faith And Allegiance. Will be starting either Code of Conduct by Brad Thor or Dead Eye by Mark Greaney next.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Just finished up The Sword of Shannara (Terry Brooks) last night, and started the second book in the series, The Elfstones of Shannara as well.
I've read a bunch of those. The first while good was a bit of a rip off of LOTR. But, he starts to go his own direction starting with elf stones. The four book heritage of Shannara series was awesome! Think that series starts right after the third book.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Just finished the prince of fools: the red queens war by Mark Lawrence. I read his broken empire trilogy before which kicked ass and this book was also really solid. He write really interesting heroes and his world setting is really interesting too.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I've read a bunch of those. The first while good was a bit of a rip off of LOTR. But, he starts to go his own direction starting with elf stones. The four book heritage of Shannara series was awesome! Think that series starts right after the third book.
I've read the entire series at least three times, including the Heritage set and Voyage of the Jerle Shanarra books.
As for ripping off the LOTR, while I can't disagree, the same can be said for most action tales. Here is the basic formula for any successful hero story:
" A rag tag bunch of misfits up against impossible odds, with little chance to save the world miraculously pull it off in the nick of time."
Put LOTR in space, you have Star Wars. Exact same recipe. Shanarra just uses this recipe in the same genre as LOTR. Just a random observation on my part

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Anyone else read biographies (or auto) that can recommend a good one? I just finished Eric Clapton's and it's quite boring. Lol. John Daly and Ozzy Ozbourne were pretty good, and funny. Now I'm curious as to other good, funny, interesting kinda biographies to check out for when I'm burning sticks. :) Thanks yall.
Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
Crazy From the Heat - David Lee Roth

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Remember freshman year in college? The Norton Anthology of Short Fiction?
Was cleaning out the garage and ran across my tattered and torn copy. I no longer have the patience to sit still for very long so half hour at a time I'm working my way through.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Remember freshman year in college? The Norton Anthology of Short Fiction?
Was cleaning out the garage and ran across my tattered and torn copy. I no longer have the patience to sit still for very long so half hour at a time I'm working my way through.
Remember freshman year of college? Nope..... Not much of it at least.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk