What's new

What are you reading

Rating - 100%
7   0   0

"The two-part book is a highly detailed first-hand account of her life and imprisonment in the Soviet Union during the rule of Joseph Stalin in the 1930s. Although Ginzburg sought to have the manuscript published in the Soviet Union, she was turned down. The manuscript was smuggled out of the country and later sold in many different languages. The first volume was published in 1967 and the second volume was published in 1979 two years after Ginzburg's death. A copy would not be published by a Russian publisher until 1990."

Last edited:

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
This was a bday gift from a bday gift, meaning I had a bday herf for myself and another brother, so I gave him some Cubans for his bday, he gets home says I gave him too much and to expect something in the mail, I figured more cigars, nope he totally surprised me with this.

This book was discussed at the herf, and I mentioned I wouldn't mind reading it.....thats what I get for opening my big mouth, but I'm enjoying the shit out of it.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
This was a bday gift from a bday gift, meaning I had a bday herf for myself and another brother, so I gave him some Cubans for his bday, he gets home says I gave him too much and to expect something in the mail, I figured more cigars, nope he totally surprised me with this.

This book was discussed at the herf, and I mentioned I wouldn't mind reading it.....thats what I get for opening my big mouth, but I'm enjoying the shit out of it.
That's sick we're both reading it at the same time! I'm at the start of Ch. 23. where abouts are you?

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I haven't been 'reading', but I've been listening to these audio books on my commute: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_First_Law
Finished the first, and halfway through the second. Really enjoying it.
GF and I do roadtrips pretty frequently and we just finished up Inferno by Dan Brown on audio book. It was pretty sweet. Helps keep me awake on long hauls haha

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I haven't been 'reading', but I've been listening to these audio books on my commute: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_First_Law
Finished the first, and halfway through the second. Really enjoying it.
IMO series is great, love me some Joe Abercrombie. After you bust through those check out Best Served Cold by him, same universe and good book

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well I tore through Ready Player One. Trying to decide whether to read "I'm Proud of you: My Friendship with Fred Rogers", starting The Dark Tower series, or Homeland: the Legend of Drizzt. decisions decision.
How did you like Ready Player One? Have you read Armada yet? I listened to the audiobook done by Wil Wheaton and really liked it!

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
How did you like Ready Player One? Have you read Armada yet? I listened to the audiobook done by Wil Wheaton and really liked it!
Ready Player One was simple, fun, exciting, with good twists, relatable story-ish. I am going to read Armada soon. I highly recommend Ready Player One if you're into sci-fi, video games, dystopian future pop culture novels haha. Really it was a fun fun read. I haven't read through a book that quickly in a long time. (Thanks a lot school)

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Ready Player One was simple, fun, exciting, with good twists, relatable story-ish. I am going to read Armada soon. I highly recommend Ready Player One if you're into sci-fi, video games, dystopian future pop culture novels haha. Really it was a fun fun read. I haven't read through a book that quickly in a long time. (Thanks a lot school)
Based on your description and if you enjoyed it then may I recommend one of my top 5 favorite books, Snow Crash by Neil Stephenson.