What's new

What are you reading

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I haven't been reading much lately. Last one with girlfriend talked me into reading - "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman. Actually, pretty good book - very insightful.

Been slowly working on "The Little Red Book of Selling" by Jeffrey Gitomer - awesome book for you sales pros.

I generally read things to learn, but I enjoy fantasy. If you're into fantasy, the Drizzt series and his spinoff of Jarlaxle / Artemis by RA Salvatore is one of my favorites, along with his Cleric Quintet.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I haven't been reading much lately. Last one with girlfriend talked me into reading - "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman. Actually, pretty good book - very insightful.

Been slowly working on "The Little Red Book of Selling" by Jeffrey Gitomer - awesome book for you sales pros.

I generally read things to learn, but I enjoy fantasy. If you're into fantasy, the Drizzt series and his spinoff of Jarlaxle / Artemis by RA Salvatore is one of my favorites, along with his Cleric Quintet.
Salvatore has been my favorite series ever so far. I read up to 1000 orcs. Need to catch up. How are the new ones?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I finished Brain Web. I feel dumber having read that garbage. Anyone who likes that book is stupid. Now moving on to I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings.
That's kinda how I felt after reading "the road" how in the hell that piece of garbage was so highly acclaimed ill never understand.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
That's kinda how I felt after reading "the road" how in the hell that piece of garbage was so highly acclaimed ill never understand.
I read the road while on vacation a couple of years ago. Absolutely the most depressing book I have ever read. Actually burned it in the fireplace so my wife or anyone else couldn't read it.
I have been enjoying The Dark Tower series. About forty pages left to finish Wizard and Glass (the 4th book).

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
McCarthy doesn't quite write happy stories, but his gift for using the English language is unparalleled. That's one reason works like The Road or Blood Meridian are so lauded, the contrast of beautiful words to stark and unforgiving worlds.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
McCarthy doesn't quite write happy stories, but his gift for using the English language is unparalleled. That's one reason works like The Road or Blood Meridian are so lauded, the contrast of beautiful words to stark and unforgiving worlds.
I do love great use of language, but some reason I didn't even notice it in that book. I think I was desperately trying to find something worthwhile in story... Expectations may have played a role, I think I was expecting something along the lines of deep winter, lucifers hammer, or alas Babylon....

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I read the road while on vacation a couple of years ago. Absolutely the most depressing book I have ever read. Actually burned it in the fireplace so my wife or anyone else couldn't read it.
I have been enjoying The Dark Tower series. About forty pages left to finish Wizard and Glass (the 4th book).
Fitting. Have you read 1984, "we the living" or "on the beach"? All depressing as hell, but the first 2 are at least worth reading.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I read the first four in about a month and a half. It's taken me about 6 months to get halfway through book six. what a slog

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I thought it was a great book. Not a happy feel good book and not sci-fi enough to make the reader excuse the activities as make believe.
True, it just felt so plodding and pointless to me. So many holes, yet it didn't really inspire a lot of interesting thought. I think it could have been a lot better. Just really felt like a depressing waste of time to me. At least after "we the living" your brain is fully engaged in contemplation.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Just recently I ordered several books to fill in the gaps in two favorite series'....
Lee Child...the Jack Reacher series..........got the first 5 and some later ones

Vince Flynn...............Mitch Rapp is the character, and I got the first 3 of this series and 4 later works.

Both of these are good-guy-wins- and- kicks -ass but the style of both is much more compelling to me.
Also have been going thru some Steinbeck .............

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
B8BC205C-8F95-4ADC-A7D0-A79A6A193B57.jpeg Started book 4 last night. I hope to finish the last two books before the end of the year so I can say I read LOTR, the Dark Tower series, and game of thrones in the same year. I’ve had a good reading year with these and 10-15 other books Read.