What's new

What are you reading

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Too many psychotherapy studies on combat PTSD and substance use to deal with combat related PTSD.
#itswhatIgetpaidfor

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Anyone listen to audio books on Audible? I find I have a hard time finding a moment to pick up a physical book, but I listen to audio books while driving, at work, and doing things around the house.

Currently listening to The Outsider, Stephen Kings latest book.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Anyone listen to audio books on Audible? I find I have a hard time finding a moment to pick up a physical book, but I listen to audio books while driving, at work, and doing things around the house.

Currently listening to The Outsider, Stephen Kings latest book.
All the time! And podcasts when I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I've switched over almost entirely to audio books these days. They're cheaper, allow me to enjoy a book during my commute, and don't fuck up my eyesight so I don't see any reason not to use them unless the books doesn't have audio.

Last few books I've enjoyed are..the ryiria revalations series by Michael j sullivan,

and the society of the sword by duncan m Hamilton.

I almost exclusively read sci fi and fantasy

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I've switched over almost entirely to audio books these days. They're cheaper, allow me to enjoy a book during my commute, and don't fuck up my eyesight so I don't see any reason not to use them unless the books doesn't have audio.

Last few books I've enjoyed are..the ryiria revalations series by Michael j sullivan,

I almost exclusively read sci fin and fantasy
I agree, and some of the narrators are fantastic.

I haven't read any of these, might have to give them a try with some of the credits I've had roll over the past few months.

squaresoft

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I agree, and some of the narrators are fantastic.

I haven't read any of these, might have to give them a try with some of the credits I've had roll over the past few months.
There are some others I'd recommend over these tbh

Edit: not riyria really that series is great but the other one is only good. Look into the Dresden files and the cycle of arawn before society of swords imho.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0

I almost exclusively read sci fin and fantasy
With a name like squaresoft I never would have guessed. Have you read jim butchers stuff? Has a really good hifi series that's complete. A noir modern wizardry series called Dresden files and just started a new steampunk'ish fantasy series that's super good.

squaresoft

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
With a name like squaresoft I never would have guessed. Have you read jim butchers stuff? Has a really good hifi series that's complete. A noir modern wizardry series called Dresden files and just started a new steampunk'ish fantasy series that's super good.
so im guessing you saw that i recommended the dresden files in that next post lol. yeah its probably my favorite series of books tbh and yep i've read the Aeronauts Windlass twice. Pretty excited about the possibilities of where he could go with it.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
so im guessing you saw that i recommended the dresden files in that next post lol. yeah its probably my favorite series of books tbh and yep i've read the Aeronauts Windlass twice. Pretty excited about the possibilities of where he could go with it.
He's became my favorite over the years. Started with salvatores drizzt series many moons ago. Just finally found all the original series of cauldron hardbacks at garage sales and library sales to start reading through them all. Also butchers little books of side stories(side jobs and there's another too) are great IMO as they give some great character plot filler. I've heard the grafic novels are supposed to give some good information on stuff not released in the books too but I Havnt gotten that far. Cant wait for peace talks!

squaresoft

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
He's became my favorite over the years. Started with salvatores drizzt series many moons ago. Just finally found all the original series of cauldron hardbacks at garage sales and library sales to start reading through them all. Also butchers little books of side stories(side jobs and there's another too) are great IMO as they give some great character plot filler. I've heard the grafic novels are supposed to give some good information on stuff not released in the books too but I Havnt gotten that far. Cant wait for peace talks!
Yeah I remember when the lastest anthology brief cases came out my mom (who I got into the series) was like hey the new Dresden book came out. And I was like what? Fuck no it didn't I would know about that...and she was talking about that and not peace talks. I told her that the short stories are great but they don't count!

Also yeah the graphic novels are great, I torrented a bunch a few years back and they really are enjoyable. It's interesting to see just home much text can be cut out when you have actual visuals and dont need to describe things