What's new

What are you reading

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Can't go wrong with Hemingway.
Totally agree. I read Sun Also Rises and Farewell to Arms in high school, but never got around to this one. Figured it was high time I picked it up.

Like @bwhite220, I'm trying to going back through all those classics I should've read but didn't...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Just finished the High Druid of Shannara trilogy this weekend. (Jarka Ruus, Tanequil, and Straken) Read Ben Hogan's Five lessons this weekend as well. Started on the next Shannara trilogy last night with Wards of Faerie.
I read fast, and go through spurts where I'll read several books, then it might be 6 months before I read again.
Last month read Marine Sniper for the 10th time at least. Favorite book of all. Carlos Hathcock was one bad MFer

Pennywise827

Hot Ketchup
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Just finished the High Druid of Shannara trilogy this weekend. (Jarka Ruus, Tanequil, and Straken) Read Ben Hogan's Five lessons this weekend as well. Started on the next Shannara trilogy last night with Wards of Faerie.
I read fast, and go through spurts where I'll read several books, then it might be 6 months before I read again.
Last month read Marine Sniper for the 10th time at least. Favorite book of all. Carlos Hathcock was one bad MFer
I loved all the Shannara books. I didn't go back 29 pages, but if you haven't read the Wheel of Time series...you're missing out. It was fantastic.

Currently reading Anne Rice The Mummy. Curious about her take on it.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I keep looking at those series...worth checking out?
I loved all the Shannara books. I didn't go back 29 pages, but if you haven't read the Wheel of Time series...you're missing out. It was fantastic.

Currently reading Anne Rice The Mummy. Curious about her take on it.
I suppose I can check them out then! :p

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I keep looking at those series...worth checking out?

I suppose I can check them out then! :p
It's an awesome series. Terry Brooks' style of writing is great. The story is similar to LOTR, star wars, etc. Band of misfits against impossible odds to save the world. Basic ingredients for a good story. Tolkein's writing was difficult for me to read. Loved the movies though. Replace the rings with a sword, and you have Sword of Shannara.
If you love high fantasy, I highly recommend them all

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
It's an awesome series. Terry Brooks' style of writing is great. The story is similar to LOTR, star wars, etc. Band of misfits against impossible odds to save the world. Basic ingredients for a good story. Tolkein's writing was difficult for me to read. Loved the movies though. Replace the rings with a sword, and you have Sword of Shannara.
If you love high fantasy, I highly recommend them all
I can definitely get down with that.

Lunchbox

Gettin back into the game
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotta decide what's next, with this holiday weekend coming up and all. It's either Energy Policy in America since 1945, or a trashy spy novel by Robert Ludlum. Leaning towards the second...

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I read the first 6 or seven Shannara books ages ago, and liked them. I remember the first one, Sword of Shannara, seemed a little hokey, but the series got a lot better after that. I just looked them up and was surprised to see how many books there are now.
The Wheel of Time series was earth shattering for me when it began. The first 5 books were the best fantasy I had read. Unfortunately, after that the pacing of the series really ground to a halt with books going by without much happening plot-wise. Jordan seemed to just be dragging the series out to sell more books in series with no definite end in sight. A lot like what A Song of Ice and Fire is like now.
To me, the best current fantasy series is The Prince of Nothing by Bakker.

Pennywise827

Hot Ketchup
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I read the first 6 or seven Shannara books ages ago, and liked them. I remember the first one, Sword of Shannara, seemed a little hokey, but the series got a lot better after that. I just looked them up and was surprised to see how many books there are now.
The Wheel of Time series was earth shattering for me when it began. The first 5 books were the best fantasy I had read. Unfortunately, after that the pacing of the series really ground to a halt with books going by without much happening plot-wise. Jordan seemed to just be dragging the series out to sell more books in series with no definite end in sight. A lot like what A Song of Ice and Fire is like now.
To me, the best current fantasy series is The Prince of Nothing by Bakker.
I don't know that I've read Prince of Nothing. Thanks for the recommendation.

I enjoyed the Wheel of Time....and yes it got extra drawn out....but at the time of reading it I am pretty sure I hadn't really stepped all the way into fantasy as a category, just wanted something long as hell to eat up time.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I'm still on the same 3 books (gonna go back to 1 book at a time after these.....too much man) with family vacation and then a sinus infection, it really put me behind, but i'm still trucking along.

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I hated reading when I was a kid. Just could never grab my attention long enough. Even now, it has to be relatively quiet, or I keep reading over the same paragraph. I bought a Kindle a few years ago and I love it. Read a few autobiographies, mostly from the Stern world (Im a huge Howard Stern fan). Just read Artemis by Andy Weir. He wrote the Martian. Artemis was decent.

Now I am reading Stephen King's, It. Wow! What a great book, but Christ, is it long!! I am not a horror movie guy, so I probably wont watch the movie. But that book has me enthralled. I feel like I am right there throughout the whole thing. Its both funny and terrifying. A decent range of emotions. I wish I read a little faster tho, as I am only about 70% through it. But I may look into some of his others.

Up next will probably be the Hunger Games. Never seen the movies, so I will probably start with the books. Or, maybe 1984 or Animal Farm, since I never read them when I was a kid. I do have hard copies of Fingerprints of the Gods, and Cosmos that I need to read too. I am fascinated with both space and time.

Last edited: