What's new

What are you reading

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
ALVH was a great book! The author wrote so that it was almost believable. I have not seen the movie, and still not sure if I will watch it or not, but there are some passages in this book that would make for some great cinema.

Up next

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I'm taking a break from "recreational" reading to seek some solace in knowing that I'm not alone, reading "All Joy And No Fun" which isn't a parenting book, but a study about what it's like to be a parent—the ups, the downs, the challenges in finding a new role in life with tiny tyrants running the show.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I thought there final three were garbage. Sorry just got completely lost IMO. There was a novella that came out a while ago called "wind through the keyhole" that was good and set in midworld.
Is there any surprise the final three were garbage? He got worried about leaving the series uncompleted and pounded through those books in order to reach a story conclusion. I think he sacrificied the story telling that was so compelling to do so. The writing in Wizard and Glass is excellent, you are truly immersed in the world he describes. No part of the final three books feel that way. I believe he sacrificed some of the in depth story elements and world development that he had done so well in the previous books. We can be thankful that at least there was an ending, several other writers have series that were never completed because they died.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Is there any surprise the final three were garbage? He got worried about leaving the series uncompleted and pounded through those books in order to reach a story conclusion. I think he sacrificied the story telling that was so compelling to do so. The writing in Wizard and Glass is excellent, you are truly immersed in the world he describes. No part of the final three books feel that way. I believe he sacrificed some of the in depth story elements and world development that he had done so well in the previous books. We can be thankful that at least there was an ending, several other writers have series that were never completed because they died.
Yeah, I'm figuring that the "ending" of A Song Of Ice And Fire will most likely be whatever HBO says it will be.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Actually, that will most likely be for the best.
Agreed, assuming her just churns out crap like (my opinion) King did for the Dark Tower. However, I like the series, even Dance with Dragons. I don't think it's bad that he's gotten lost in the story. I do think it would be bad if he pretended he wasn't lost and just threw a bunch of words together for the sake of finishing, though.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I used to read all of the Mitch Rapp books. Let me know how this new guys work compares to the late Vince Flynn.
This is his third one since Vince died. His first attempt was good but some fans didn't like how dark Mitch seemed to be. The second attempt was better. I have high hopes for this one. Great series and I like getting to read and review advanced copies ahead of everyone else. Pretty cool.