What's new

What are you reading

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Since my last post, I've finished:
Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie (standalone from the First Law trilogy, but held within the same universe containing some of the same characters and some references)
IQ by Joe Ide (interesting change of pace, an overly intelligent young man from the hood goes through life's trial and tribulations and winds up as a PI helping those in need)
The Dark Tower I by Stephen King (I don't get the hype, as short as this book was, I struggled to finish it)
Son of the Black Sword by Larry Correia (if you're into the fantasy type books, this is worth checking out)
Dead Eye by Mark Greaney (very enjoyable change of pace for me, typical secret agent/undercover soldier type book)
A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman (heart warmer about an ornery old man who finds his way through new neighbors and their young children)
14 by Peter Clines (sci-fi/thriller, entertaining, kept me pulled in)

Currently:
Artemis by Andy Weir

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Just finished "Wool" by Hugh Howey, now reading "Shift" the second book in the series. A futuristic science fiction. I am really enjoying the series.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working on Oathbreaker by Brandon Sanderson
It's the 3rd book of a series. Its pretty good.
Just finished Sins of Empire by Brian Mclellan. Its the first of a series called God's of Blood and Powder, his other Powder Mage series was pretty good. This one looks like it'll be good too.
On deck is Infernal Battalion by Django Wexler from the Shadow Campaigns. I'm a fan of this guy.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
With all the travel my company has me doing, I've decided to pick up reading again. A friend of mine recommended "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline. I'm around the halfway mark of the book and it's pretty interesting. Quite different from what I would normally read but I've enjoyed it so far.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
With all the travel my company has me doing, I've decided to pick up reading again. A friend of mine recommended "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline. I'm around the halfway mark of the book and it's pretty interesting. Quite different from what I would normally read but I've enjoyed it so far.
Love that book! It's the one that got me back into reading.

Can't wait for the Spielburg movie next year

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Love that book! It's the one that got me back into reading.

Can't wait for the Spielburg movie next year
Yeah man, pretty solid! My friend recommended it because I told him about how much I loved Stranger Things and all the 80's nostalgia/references. This book is jam-packed with them, too!

I didn't know Spielberg had a movie adaptation coming out. I'll be on the lookout for that!

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Yeah man, pretty solid! My friend recommended it because I told him about how much I loved Stranger Things and all the 80's nostalgia/references. This book is jam-packed with them, too!

I didn't know Spielberg had a movie adaptation coming out. I'll be on the lookout for that!
Yep, in March, just in time for my bday!!!

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
At the moment I’m reading two certification books for work (n)
Just picked up “The End” to read in my “free time”, Ive heard it’s supposed to be a decent post apocalyptic read.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished "The Boys in the Boat" by Daniel James Brown. It was a great read - detailing the Washington crew team's path the the 1936 Olympics in Germany.