What's new

What are you reading

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The JBL Story - 60 Years of Audio Innovation by John M. Eargle

My speaker guy lent this to me today, due back in a couple of months so putting a stop to other books and other distractions. More pictures and diagrams than text so I should be able to go through this rather quickly. I’ll be more interested in the Consumer Products chapter but the broad array of product lines should still be entertaining.

3F3BA87C-0EE7-4E34-89FA-4EC04E315407.jpeg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The JBL Story - 60 Years of Audio Innovation by John M. Eargle

My speaker guy lent this to me today, due back in a couple of months so putting a stop to other books and other distractions. More pictures and diagrams than text so I should be able to go through this rather quickly. I’ll be more interested in the Consumer Products chapter but the broad array of product lines should still be entertaining.

View attachment 168408
I'm just jealous that you have a speaker guy.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm just jealous that you have a speaker guy.
I'd been wanting to re-cone the woofers on my JBL L65 Jubals and lucked into him. He actually owned a professional sound company and used to re-cone speakers when they had a B&M. The COVID hit and they ended up shutting down. At any rate, I just picked up my woofers this morning and except for some damage to one of the dust caps, they look great. He swept both of them and said they were to spec down to 45 Hz. I believe him, just nodded my head when he tested them. I probably can't hear that low, I dunno, 60? 80? Fo' sure I can't hear the high highs. After I had packed up and was ready to leave, he said one day, if I wanted to read it, he had a book about JBL. I said, "Oh man, that would be sweet" so he asked if I wanted to borrow it right now. Shut my engine off and got the book.

I looked on the internet and 'cause the book came out in 2006 and out of print, copies are going for $300+!

I love my JBLs and a book celebrating their 60 years would be great to have and look at every now and then but maybe I don't love JBL $300 worth. :giggle:

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
On a biography kick lately.
- “Book of Mac” by Chesman. Advertised as a biography, but was more like an essay. Almost unreadable.
- “Me” by Elton John (autobiography). Just starting.
- “Most Dope“ by Cantor. About to start.
- “Tiger Woods” by Benedict. On its way.

Also reading up on all 50 states’ escheatment laws, but that’s for work. Lol

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I've read 2 books from beginning to end in my enitre life. Halfway through a page I start daydreaming about skateboarding, surfing, snowboarding, etc. I've been like that since I was a kid.
Those 2 books were about Taoism.
the way is always there...the simpler the book...the more you get it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think I've read 2 books from beginning to end in my enitre life. Halfway through a page I start daydreaming about skateboarding, surfing, snowboarding, etc. I've been like that since I was a kid.
Those 2 books were about Taoism.
At least you finished the important ones. The only book on Taoism I could finish was the Tao of Pooh. The story book teddy bear, not the other stuff. :LOL: