What's new

What are You Spinning?

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I've used felt, leather, and cork so far and the cork mat is far and away the best sounding to me. I've not tried CF yet but I'll keep an eye out!

I was using the Ortofon 2M Red but it got damaged and I've been using the At95e cartridge that came with my LP-120. I need to replace it but I keep buying albums instead. haha!
The carbon fibers are really nice. There are also some specialized mats made for DJ's that are phenomenal and sound great. There is a cork mat too that one of my friends uses that is one of the best sounding in my opinion. Very expensive for what it is though.
https://www.turntablelab.com/collections/record-mats-accessories-alpha/products/music-hall-cork-record-mat
This one is really nice too as far as anti-static technology and overall sound. https://www.turntablelab.com/collections/record-mats-accessories-alpha/products/am-clean-sound-anti-static-record-mat

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Yeah, it looks good and I bet it sounds at least as good as it looks. When you come up for the herf in Sept. I would like for you to come over and check out my system. I think you would like it. Plus I may have some records you might enjoy.

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
View attachment 117485

I used to have one of these. Sansui 9000DB. This monster weighed 60# and my tested at 230 watts and was very clean sounding. If any of you run across a monster receiver at a yard sale from the 70's, if it works, grab it. They sound great and bring LOTS of $$$$ if you should decide to sell it.

I have a model 5500 Sansui I believe. Bought in 1980 while stationed in Germany at the PX. Mine weighs a lot as well. Big transformers. I would have to check on the model number to be sure. It can push 110 watts per channel x4. I have 4 Klipsch Hersay speakers and a Kenwood turntable and a JVC cassette player. None of it setup due to lack of room in the house. Just can't part with any of it. It is loud and clean sounding system.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Thanks man! I really appreciate that!

Receiver: Technics SA-5170
Speakers: Sansui SP-X6
I have a model 5500 Sansui I believe. Bought in 1980 while stationed in Germany at the PX. Mine weighs a lot as well. Big transformers. I would have to check on the model number to be sure. It can push 110 watts per channel x4. I have 4 Klipsch Hersay speakers and a Kenwood turntable and a JVC cassette player. None of it setup due to lack of room in the house. Just can't part with any of it. It is loud and clean sounding system.
How long since you have hooked it up for a listen? I bet it sounds awesome through those Heresys.

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
How long since you have hooked it up for a listen? I bet it sounds awesome through those Heresys.
Its been about 5 years. When we had the cabin, it was every weekend we were there but now they sit in the basement collecting dust. They need some Steely Dan or some Doobie Brothers played thru them to knock out the dust !!

Thanks for correcting my spelling of the speakers. I did not think it was right but was in a hurry so I did not Google to double check.

Also the first set is consecutive numbers and the second set is 2 numbers between.