What's new

What are your Top 3 in 2015?

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
We're most of the way through the year, so I thought it would be in interesting exercise to look back and see what your best smokes of 2015 have been so far.

As the year progresses, you can edit your response if other better cigars come along, but so far what have been your best non-Cuban cigars in 2015? Doesn't have to be a current year release, just looking for your top three smoked this year.

For it has been:
1. Warped La Hacienda Superiors - this one took me by surprise; I was expecting good, and it blew me away! Without a doubt the best NC I smoked this year so far.

2. Las Calaveras 2015 - which was also a stellar smoke, and had topped the list until La Hacienda came along

3. Bashert Flying Pig - I stopped chasing Ligas a while ago, but this was an unexpected gift from an old friend last year, smoked on my 10th anniversary. It could have just been the moment, or I could have just bought the hype, but it was one of the best sticks smoked this year.

Runners up are:
4. El Gueguense - frankly with some rest, this will likely become my #2 of the year behind the La Hacienda. The one I had had just arrived that afternoon, and I smoked it during a herf so it was a bit rushed.
5. Warped La Colmena / Caldwell Long Live the King - I can't decide between these two for the second runner up. Both were excellent.

So, what are your top 3 so far this year?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sorry, should have googled before I asked... got it.

Anyway.

1. La Imperiosa
2. LC 2015
3. (will probably be Tat, TAA 2015, plan to smoke it this weekend and that's all I have for 2015 releases)

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I don't know if they need to be 2015 release based on your question, but I think the cigars that stand out to me the most right now (and I completely reserve the right to change my mind as I think about it some more):
1) El Gueguense
2) Paniolo Especiale
3) La Colmena Unico

I'm positive I'm forgetting others that were exceptional, but those are the 3 that stand out whether it was due to exceeding my high expectations (El Gueguense and Paniolo) or completely surprising me when I had no expectations (La Colmena).

All in all, this seems like it's been a great year for cigars in general and non-cubans especially. The number of great cigars I had was amazing as was the relatively scarcity of crappy cigars. Maybe I'm getting more selective in my purchases or maybe the industry is improving, but either way, let's hope it continues.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Since the title didn't say released in 2015 I'll have to go with:
1. OR El Centurion Gladiadores
2. OR Perdomo La Tradition Rosado torpedo
3. LC 2015 that I just enjoyed for the first time last evening.....

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Doesn't need to be current release, just the best three cigars you've smoked this year.
Oh geeezzzz...that is tough!
1. I don't know what it was, but had it with two of my sons -- first time we'd been all together in a few years.
2. Diablo Picante -- I probably had better tasting cigars this year, but this was my second to last Diablo -- first I'd smoked in a couple years and I was scared that I'd badly inflated the memory. I hadn't. It was fantastic.
3. Tat Conoju 2003 - Every time I smoke one of these, I find myself looking to the sky and wondering whether it'd be possible to make a more perfect NC....I doubt it

A Huge Nerd

Lee-Hair-Oh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Well, if it is any cigar I've smoked in 2015 regardless of release date, here's that list:

1. Romeo y Julieta Churchill from 1994
2. Opus X Angel's Share Perfecxion X
3. CH Tennessee Waltz