What's new

What book(s) have you read or been reading lately?

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I'm not just drinking it I'm reading and learning about it! :thumbsup:

Tasting Beer: An Insider's Guide to the World's Greatest Drink - Randy Mosher

Craft Beer Bar Mitzvah: How It Took 13 Years, Extreme Jewish Brewing, and Circus Sideshow Freaks to Make Shmaltz Brewing an International Success - Jeremy Cowan

The Craft of Stone Brewing Co.: Liquid Lore, Epic Recipes, and Unabashed Arrogance - Greg Koch

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Molecular Biology of the Cell
Recombinant DNA Technology
Organic Chemistry
Introduction to Epidemiology

I wish I would stop reading them in order to read something entertaining.

Lorax429

Dagum
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
All - in - One CISSP by Shon Harris
CISSP Study Guide by Eric Conrad, Seth Misenar, and Josh Feldman

and for some fun...

A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Just finished 'Fate is the Hunter.' What a wonderfully written book about the early days of air travel. I'm now reading 'Catch-22' which I'm not sure if I read before, but its tone,dark humor, and sarcasm is taking a little while for me to grasp.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Just finished 'Fate is the Hunter.' What a wonderfully written book about the early days of air travel. I'm now reading 'Catch-22' which I'm not sure if I read before, but its tone,dark humor, and sarcasm is taking a little while for me to grasp.
Catch-22 is friggin' awesome, but it takes some time to get into. For me it was a few chapters before I started to get his style of humor. Also took me a bit to get my head around the non-linear narrative. Ultimately, I was glad to have stuck with it.

-Charles

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
God, No! by Penn Jillette. A collection of rants and personal stories, with his atheism as a (sort of) central theme. Not what I'd call mentally challenging, but interesting and very easy to read.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Just started into "Red Blooded Risk" by Aaron Brown. Aaron is a very smart guy, which is kind of an understatement, and mixes psychology into a type of behavioral finance, mixed with very sophisticated mathematics.

I've only read the first couple of chapters on a plane flight, but it has the showings to be a very thought provoking book on the topics of mathematical finance, behavioral finance, and risk.