What's new

What book(s) have you read or been reading lately?

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
I read voraciously... Over the past 4-5months i've read:

The Athena Project by Brad Thor
Foreign Influence by Brad Thor (His writing is kind of "choppy"/like a bad movie if you ask me...) Full Black is next on my list...

The Last Surgeon by Michael Palmer - Great Medical Suspense/Thriller

9 Dragons by Michael Connelly - Currently my favorite author! (loved the Lincoln Lawyer Series!)
(Also Chasing The Dime, Brass Verdict, and The Drop by Connelly)

One Rough Man - Brad Taylor (1st novel & it was excellent! Can't wait for the sequel!)

I read "The Lost Hero", and "The Son of Neptune" by Rick Riordan

I'm currently reading - The Gate House by Nelson Demille
(It's a book about very complex, well developed plot! Keeps you wondering
what happens next!)

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Currently going through "Boardwalk Empire" by Nelson Johnson. Good book so far. If you've watched the HBO series, this is the book they based that off of.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I read voraciously... Over the past 4-5months i've read:

The Athena Project by Brad Thor
Foreign Influence by Brad Thor (His writing is kind of "choppy"/like a bad movie if you ask me...) Full Black is next on my list...

The Last Surgeon by Michael Palmer - Great Medical Suspense/Thriller

9 Dragons by Michael Connelly - Currently my favorite author! (loved the Lincoln Lawyer Series!)
(Also Chasing The Dime, Brass Verdict, and The Drop by Connelly)

One Rough Man - Brad Taylor (1st novel & it was excellent! Can't wait for the sequel!)

I read "The Lost Hero", and "The Son of Neptune" by Rick Riordan

I'm currently reading - The Gate House by Nelson Demille
(It's a book about very complex, well developed plot! Keeps you wondering
what happens next!)
Impressive. I wish I could read faster...

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Currently reading Robert Shiller's new book, Finance and the Good Society. Highly recommended.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Ted, white and Blue

The Nugent manifesto

By Ted Nugent

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I just finished Mile 81, a weird short by Stephen King. Now I'm working on "Why We're All Romans" about the influence of Ancient Rome on current Western culture.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I'm reading "Hell Above Earth," and it's awesome. It's about Werner Goering, a German-American pilot related to Hitler's right hand man. The CIA places a co pilot with him with instruction to shoot him should he try and defect or if they were to go down in enemy territory.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
If you think you're a fan of somebody, don't read their Biography. Just finished GLOCK by Paul Barrett. No wonder his business partners tried to have Mr Glock killed, what a POS.

Started A Game of Thrones this week, really enjoying it!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Just started Stephen King's Dark Tower series. I was halfway through the Gunslinger the day I got it.
By far my favorite book series. Fantastic story, great characters, and a really immense story.

i just finished the first game of thrones and after watching the show was a real drag to finish the book.

I think im gonna pick up the new dark tower book next.

Walter

Scott
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Just started Stephen King's Dark Tower series. I was halfway through the Gunslinger the day I got it.
The Dark Tower series was AWESOME!!!! I believe this was his best work, and yes I am including "The Stand"

By far my favorite book series. Fantastic story, great characters, and a really immense story.

i just finished the first game of thrones and after watching the show was a real drag to finish the book.

I think im gonna pick up the new dark tower book next.
If you like these types of books and long series I would also recommend "The sword of Truth" series by Terry Goodkind
I am currently getting ready to start the 5th book of 12 in this series and so far it has been really good.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Just finished up 'The Old Man and the Sea' by Ernest Hemingway. Strangely I never read it. Fantastic book. Before picking that one up I read 'A Farewell to Arms' by the same author. Hands-down one of the top 3 best books I have ever read. Truly stunning book.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Currently on The Fires of Heaven by Robert Jordan part of The Wheel of Time series of his.

The last series I read was the A Song of Ice and Fire series by George RR Martin which was fantastic. Plus I get to revisit it with the Game of Thrones series once a week!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The Dark Tower series was AWESOME!!!! I believe this was his best work, and yes I am including "The Stand"

If you like these types of books and long series I would also recommend "The sword of Truth" series by Terry Goodkind
I am currently getting ready to start the 5th book of 12 in this series and so far it has been really good.
ill have to check those books out. Ive always liked good book series.

Neil Gaiman's "American Gods" and "Anunsi Boys" were also really awesome. American gods would be the first to read of those two though.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ill have to check those books out. Ive always liked good book series.

Neil Gaiman's "American Gods" and "Anunsi Boys" were also really awesome. American gods would be the first to read of those two though.
Anansi Boys is on my list, I liked American Gods

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just finished "The Big Miss" by Hank Haney and now have started "American Sniper" by Chris Kyle. Hank's book was really insightful on what it was like to be in Tiger's "inner circle", so to speak.