What's new

What cigar do you own that you're dying to smoke?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Seriously you guys don't have that one cigar that you have to just look at every time you're in your humi, then say god I want to smoke that. Then put it back.
Yes, my last 3 Dirty Rats, my last 2 FFP, and my one Undercrown Pig. I want to smoke them real bad, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Last edited:

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Seriously you guys don't have that one cigar that you have to just look at every time you're in your humi, then say god I want to smoke that. Then put it back.
Yeah, I have exactly 127 cigars I can't wait to smoke, but am saving for a special occasion:

I have a single cigar from 1983 (my birth year) I got earlier this year set aside for my 40th birthday.

I have a Bashert Pig gifted to me by a BOTL who asked to remain anonymous set aside for my 10th anniversary next June. It has "Ani l'dodi v'dodi li" ("I am my beloveds and my beloved is mine") on the cigar band, and my wife and I also have that inscribed on our wedding rings - how perfect is that?

I also have only five intact boxes in my stash, and they are the boxes from my five kids' birth months. I will look forward to smoking the first of each of those on their sixth birthdays. The plan is to smoke one per year on or bear their birthdays from ages 6-17; smoke one with them on their birthdays from age 18-21, and give them the remaining fiver to do with as they chose. If my daughters don't want to smoke them when they turn 18, I'll continue smoking one a year, saving the last five to give to their husbands on their wedding day.

I'm also looking for a 10ct box from June 2005 to smoke on future wedding anniversaries. Unfortunately I wasn't smoking cigars much back in '05!
I really wanted to do the kids birthdays thing, but kind of gave up on it. We may have to talk logistics on that one @StogieNinja !

Last edited:

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
All of them!
win. thread over, this answer takes it! o)

my problem is actually getting around to smoking them; pick one up, go "no, not yet", and put it back in the stash...
I have to agree... When is a special enough special occasion?
Well For me I have 4 Cigars set aside for when my wife gets her Doctorate next May. I have that 2001 Cohiba LE, (2) Behike 56 and a Forbidden X 13 Destiny 1980. So far! Oh and my bottle of Balvanie 21! The Ceromony is outdoors, so the moment after she walks the stage That Cohiba LE is gonna be on fire!
Having one set aside for a specific special occasion is one thing, what I'm talking about is when you have that one cigar in there, just in case.

I have an LFD Mysterio that I have been dying to smoke. It is set aside for when I graduate college. If I get a high end opus between now and then, as I lay that opus down, I'm pulling the LFD out to smoke then. Unless it's within a year of my graduation date.
@davewittwer gifted me one of the special LFD Mysterioso (with the thin spiral all the way down) and I couldn't help but eyeball it every time I was in the humi. Then a couple months later we met for a herf and he specifically asked me to bring and smoke that cigar. If not for that, it probably would have sat there looking pretty for years to come. I have to say, it felt good smoking a "trophy", and perhaps even added to the enjoyment!

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
i have a couple few i look at and think "WTF was that person thinking", and put them back... seriously, almost afraid to smoke them. but they will be gotten to, eventually.
I totally do this. Couple of Tats I got, 10th anniversaries, a JV13, and a few random Cubans that I probably won't buy boxes of.

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
All of them!

my problem is actually getting around to smoking them; pick one up, go "no, not yet", and put it back in the stash...
Well For me I have 4 Cigars set aside for when my wife gets her Doctorate next May. I have that 2001 Cohiba LE, (2) Behike 56 and a Forbidden X 13 Destiny 1980. So far! Oh and my bottle of Balvanie 21! The Ceromony is outdoors, so the moment after she walks the stage That Cohiba LE is gonna be on fire!
Having one set aside for a specific special occasion is one thing, what I'm talking about is when you have that one cigar in there, just in case.

I have an LFD Mysterio that I have been dying to smoke. It is set aside for when I graduate college. If I get a high end opus between now and then, as I lay that opus down, I'm pulling the LFD out to smoke then. Unless it's within a year of my graduation date.
@davewittwer gifted me one of the special LFD Mysterioso (with the thin spiral all the way down) and I couldn't help but eyeball it every time I was in the humi. Then a couple months later we met for a herf and he specifically asked me to bring and smoke that cigar. If not for that, it probably would have sat there looking pretty for years to come. I have to say, it felt good smoking a "trophy", and perhaps even added to the enjoyment!
I got a heck of a deal on it, the shop I went to, out of my area, was having "issues" with LFD. They sold me their last one for 1/2 off.

Could not turn that down, and now I have a decent (it is decent right Clint?) cigar to smoke when I graduate... In 2 1/2 years.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
All of them!

I got a heck of a deal on it, the shop I went to, out of my area, was having "issues" with LFD. They sold me their last one for 1/2 off.

Could not turn that down, and now I have a decent (it is decent right Clint?) cigar to smoke when I graduate... In 2 1/2 years.
Oh, man, I'm still so green, I'm NOT the one to be giving advice. I enjoyed it, but I enjoyed the company, the gathering, and wasn't really focused on the nuances of the cigar. I'll tell you one thing, though. It put me on my ass! A bunch of us were going to do dinner afterwards, but I bailed, went home and curled up on the couch! :eek:

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
All of them!

Oh, man, I'm still so green, I'm NOT the one to be giving advice. I enjoyed it, but I enjoyed the company, the gathering, and wasn't really focused on the nuances of the cigar. I'll tell you one thing, though. It put me on my ass! A bunch of us were going to do dinner afterwards, but I bailed, went home and curled up on the couch! :eek:
I remember having something from My Father in my first month or two, and just me curled up by the toilet.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Not really dying to smoke anything. But most intriguing in my collection right now is a box of 2011 Tat Cazzies still in foil, box of Dec 2010 Sir Winnies and a box 898v from Mar 10. 5 yr mark can't get here soon enough.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
All of them!

Hahahah in typical LFD fashion. Give you the spins and drop you on the couch

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Not really dying to smoke anything. But most intriguing in my collection right now is a box of 2011 Tat Cazzies still in foil, box of Dec 2010 Sir Winnies and a box 898v from Mar 10. 5 yr mark can't get here soon enough.
Wow... 898V that are over 4 years old! I commend you on that!

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I bought a box of CC when each of my kids was born, cracked them open after their births smoked some and ended up with about half a box left. I smoked some on their first birthday, baptism, first day of school etc. I have one left from each box and they are 7&8 yrs old now. Not sure what I will save them for.

The last one I had was a R&j Churchill last year my son was playing a little league game, it was coach pitch. Last inning down by one, with two on and two out. He hit a stand up, walk off triple to win the game. As his teammate celebrated in the dugout, yelling and screaming, jumping up and down, he calmly walked in packed up his stuff, as others yelled "you won the game" he humbly said yeah with a slight smile. As we walked away from the field he reached up took my hand and said "dad today was a good day". I would like to say the cigar was the best ever but they were best between years 1-3. Still very good just not as great as they once were.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
All of them!

If you are a fan of lfd ligero than it is a good smoke. If not then you may not enjoy it.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Probably an FFP. Not because I'm saving it for something special. Just want to be able to devote the full 2 or 2.5 hours to it. Haven't had that chance yet.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Mine would be an Opus X A from 2007/2008 as a roll date. I received it as a gift from a brother that used to be on here and got banned. It's not a "eeh not yet" issue for me. My issue is that it's a "eeh not enough time" thing.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I have a couple...

Cohiba Sublime 2004 EL
Edmundo Dantes Conde 54 (currently trying to find a couple 109s as well)

I also have 3 boxes that I just can't get myself to start smoking yet bc they look so damn pretty! However, once I (hopefully) buy a house later this year that will all change.
La Escepcion Selectos Finos
Cohiba Behike 56
Cohiba 1966 2011 EL

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I'm a lot newer at this than most of you guys, and the sticks I have that I am dying to toast are probably not as impressive as the ones y'all have. But, nonetheless, I have two that I can't wait to try. Liga Undercrown in gran toro, and a LE Don Pepin Blue in maduro. Not necessarily waiting on a special occasion, just a matter of not enough rest yet. I was trying to maintain a minimum of two weeks rest, but I have upped that to a month due to advice from a couple brothers here.