What's new

What cigar do you own that you're dying to smoke?

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Also, please understand that this is not meant to disrespect you in any way shape or form, this is just to discuss.
No disrespect felt or read. Discussion is great.

I make time for my cigars the same way you do - I smoke in the evening after the kids are in bed, while my wife knits or reads or watches a show next to me. I get in a couple a week this way. But the times where I could smoke an "A" (which would likely take me 3-4 hrs)... hard to carve out that kind of time without letting something else slide.

I could start smoking earlier, and my wife would be ok with that, but it would be hard for me to enjoy a cigar while she got all five kids ready for bed, then went on and cleaned up the house from the day alone, etc. Or she could come out with me as soon as the kids were down, but we'd face a mountain of dishes and cleanup the next morning, or twice as much the next night. So it's almost always a compromise of smoking a robusto instead of a longer stick so that I can enjoy the whole thing in the shorter time frame after the work is done and still get enough sleep to function the next day.

For me, it's one of those 50% of the effort gets 90% of the reward... I could push for an extra two hours of smoking time, but it's rarely if ever worth the extra required effort. A few times a year there's opportunity to enjoy something that'll take 3-4 hours, and I do seize the opportunity.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There's 2 that I look forward to enjoying for the first time.

RoMa Craft Cromagnum Cranium
Caldwell--The King is Dead Supreme

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Stogie, whereabouts in Washington do you live?
I was born and raised in Vancouver, WA.

Oldest of 6 and my father worked graveyard and was a reservist.
I just had my first child--daughter, and I have an even healthier
respect for their sacrifices. Great stuff. :youarethe

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Stogie, whereabouts in Washington do you live?
I was born and raised in Vancouver, WA.

Oldest of 6 and my father worked graveyard and was a reservist.
I just had my first child--daughter, and I have an even healthier
respect for their sacrifices. Great stuff. :youarethe
I'm in Puyallup, but my mom's whole family is from Woodland, where they have a nursery and berry farm

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Just for reference sake, how old are your kids?
The older two are almost 7 and 6, respectively, my middle child is 2, and the twins are 9 months.
That makes more sense, my two at home are 10 and 4... They're pretty self sufficient. Worse case comes to worse, I can call one of my girls who are 22 and 18 to watch the boys if needed.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just for reference sake, how old are your kids?
The older two are almost 7 and 6, respectively, my middle child is 2, and the twins are 9 months.
Twins, I couldn't imagine. My youngest 2 are a year apart and that was/is hard enough. They are 5 and 6 now, my oldest 2 are 13 and 10.

As far special cigars, I don't really have any yet I'm still pretty new to the hobby. After reading this thread though I would like to get some. My wife will finish school in a couple years. And kids graduations and marriages stuff like that.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
That makes more sense, my two at home are 10 and 4... They're pretty self sufficient. Worse case comes to worse, I can call one of my girls who are 22 and 18 to watch the boys if needed.
Yeah, it's a zoo around here. Wife and I spend some quality time together on the patio for an hour or so many evenings, but we've only been on two dates in the past 9 months. We had some help to come watch kids when we had the two, then three... it gets a bit harder to find a willing party when there are two babies, let alone 3 other kids! :D

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Yeah, it's a zoo around here. Wife and I spend some quality time together on the patio for an hour or so many evenings, but we've only been on two dates in the past 9 months. We had some help to come watch kids when we had the two, then three... it gets a bit harder to find a willing party when there are two babies, let alone 3 other kids! :D
I have suggested to my wife duct tape or a dog cage for the boys, but she won't let me...

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
CC's, FFP, Opus CFCF 6 pack, Padron Anni's...just can't get myself to smoke them :(

...smoke em if you got em right?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Got a Velvet Rat that I've been holding onto. Can't decide when I want to smoke the only one I may ever see.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have two opus, and two anejos, the only ones I have of each. Gifted from Mike, and still young so I'm trying to age them a bit
While I personally don't like Opus straight out of the box (5 years does them wonders in my opinion), I think the Anejo is better the "younger" it is...to me, they lose the cognac sweetness as they age...a lot of people may disagree with me.