What's new

What Coffees Are You Drinking?

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I
Excellent choice, home roasting is great, fun, and saves money! It's nice to be able to roast to what ever level you want. The only negative is that other people's "regular" coffee gets hard to drink
haven't been able to drink other people's regular coffee ever since I became a coffee snob. Now I can take it to a new level and start bringing my coffee to other people's houses and force them to make it for me. Couldn't do that before because buying good beans from a roaster is too expensive to be that annoying lol.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Drinking some Costs Rican Santa Maria Dota Tarrazu that I stopped roasting too soon. Still loving it. I'm going to get so geeked out on roasting.
It's a dirty dirty rabbit hole. I love messing up and then tasting the mistake and learning cause and effect. Way under did a Ethiopian once and it tasted just like a floury ciabatta. What kind of roaster are you using?

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
It's a dirty dirty rabbit hole. I love messing up and then tasting the mistake and learning cause and effect. Way under did a Ethiopian once and it tasted just like a floury ciabatta. What kind of roaster are you using?
Behmor 1600. Last week I got my first batch of green and tried stovetop roasting, and it didn't go well. So instead of giving up, I finally took the plunge. I've been wanting to get started for years.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Many moons ago i used to roast and grind my own coffee, i would like to get back into at least grinding again, not going for any of the high priced grinders, looking for something in the $150 range, any recommendations?

Edit: just found a good thread that covers my question, should of looked more before i posted

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Many moons ago i used to roast and grind my own coffee, i would like to get back into at least grinding again, not going for any of the high priced grinders, looking for something in the $150 range, any recommendations?

Edit: just found a good thread that covers my question, should of looked more before i posted
What kind of grinder you looking at? I found a hand grinder from handground I'm loving so far. Looking for something electric maybe eventually...

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
What kind of grinder you looking at? I found a hand grinder from handground I'm loving so far. Looking for something electric maybe eventually...
After reading thru an old thread here on grinders im considering a hand grinder. My reasoning is i will only be using it for Espresso which at the most i will have 3 a day, the wife(and myself) has an occasional Latte, still have not made up my mind, no hurry