What's new

What Coffees Are You Drinking?

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Had some wonderful brews at Calibre Coffee in Illinois this weekend. Finally prompted me to splurge for a grinder and such. I can't take any more of this Keurig nonsense.
You will be so happily satisfied with ditching the Kcup! Glad you could take away SOMETHING good from Illinois.

I'm drinking Papa Nicholas Reserve Kona Blend. It's actually very good. Smooth and chocolaty.

Cigarth Vader

Official Jedi of BOTL.org
Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Currently drinking a Guatamala Antigua from Stumptown coffee that I picked up in portland for those days when I want something special in the French press. Otherwise it's Major Dickasons Blend in the Keurig from Peet's.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Mavis Bank 100% Jamaican Blue Mountain Peaberry

God damn this stuff is good!
Those are fake
Totally, she doesn't look very Jamaican to me
They have Jamaicans that look...and are 100% white...or chinese, etc. with a full Jamaican accent because their family has been there for a few generations. Same as in all the West Indies...

You gotta see a black/chinese Jamaican woman!

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Lately I have been drinking store bought whole bean... Ran out of green beans to roast and haven't placed another order from sweetmarias.com yet for more. Come payday I will be ordering 5lbs of green Indian Peaberry. Fresh roast is the way to go, anything older than 2 weeks is already going stale and I can be honest and admit I am a coffee snob and am very sick of storebought junk.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
One nice thing about Costco is the pricing on their coffee from Mayorga, Don Pablo or even their own Brand of Kirkland coffee. They have a Jamaican Blend that is good and I've been buying all of my coffee there and the average price here in Ga. is about $12 for two pounds...some are a bit higher but you're getting some very good coffee. I buy coffee when I travel to other countries but I grow tired of paying $30 - $50 for a pound when it isn't that much better for what I get at home. I take my FP with me and manual grinder and just veg out...makes for memorable trips.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
One nice thing about Costco is the pricing on their coffee from Mayorga, Don Pablo or even their own Brand of Kirkland coffee. They have a Jamaican Blend that is good and I've been buying all of my coffee there and the average price here in Ga. is about $12 for two pounds...some are a bit higher but you're getting some very good coffee. I buy coffee when I travel to other countries but I grow tired of paying $30 - $50 for a pound when it isn't that much better for what I get at home. I take my FP with me and manual grinder and just veg out...makes for memorable trips.

I agree with the price per pound vs what you're getting. I haven't dabbled much but after trying a few from Stumptown, I tried Papa Nicholas special yearly release Kona and it was awesome at a fraction of the price.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Got a buddy who works at a roasters in town, been bouncing back and forth between Guatemalan and a Mexican. It's incredible brewing a real cup of coffee again after K cups for 3 years.