What's new

What Coffees Are You Drinking?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
What's a "pour through"?
If it is like mine, it is a ceramic cone like thing with base that you fit over your coffee cup or mug, use a filter and coffee grinds in take hot water just at right temp and pour it over the top it is a good way for single cup.

Today I bought a new coffee maker it was cheap but will work for my needs when I am not in need of the grind and brew. I can make a pot or a cup, by the press of button

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417505800.393849.jpg

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Any of you crazy coffee heads have a Nespresso machine? Wife is looking at one mainly for the single cups you can make and we don't like Keurigs. Just wondering what you guys thought about them other than them being over priced.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Any of you crazy coffee heads have a Nespresso machine? Wife is looking at one mainly for the single cups you can make and we don't like Keurigs. Just wondering what you guys thought about them other than them being over priced.
My wife just bought one. When she gets it I will let you know how she likes it. She's currently trying to talk me into buying "espresso cups" because now our regular coffee cups are "too big." I love espresso, I just don't know how the Nespresso is going to be, but like I said, I'll let you know brother.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Ok I know we have coffee lovers here but I have a question. Is coffee an acquired taste or is it something that you truly enjoy. Just a question cause anytime I have ever tried coffee I have not enjoyed it at all. Just a question. Please don't yell at me mwahahaha. I will yell back.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Ok I know we have coffee lovers here but I have a question. Is coffee an acquired taste or is it something that you truly enjoy. Just a question cause anytime I have ever tried coffee I have not enjoyed it at all. Just a question. Please don't yell at me mwahahaha. I will yell back.
I think it's more along the lines of you either like it or you don't. And if you like it, you usually only like it black or with cream or with sugar or with any combination of things to make it palette-able to the person drinking it.

Big Tex

Meathead
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My wife just bought one. When she gets it I will let you know how she likes it. She's currently trying to talk me into buying "espresso cups" because now our regular coffee cups are "too big." I love espresso, I just don't know how the Nespresso is going to be, but like I said, I'll let you know brother.
I screwed up attempting to reply to both posts regarding Nespresso machines/ coffees, but my intention is to reply to both of you.

We have Nespresso machines at work (pixies) and I absolutely love it, in fact I bought one for home too! I started out liking the higher intensity pods in the beginning and have migrated to the lower intensity coffees. Recently Nespresso released a limited edition called Margogype and they are $2 each. That being said, I find them amazingly smooth and complex but at $2 a pop I only enjoy them as a treat. The single origin Columbian, Brazilian and Indian coffees are my go to coffees for the most part.

I like my Nespresso so much that I take it with me when I travel because it is hard to live without. Nespresso loves me since I consume upwards of 6 coffees a day. Hope you guys enjoy yours![/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I screwed up attempting to reply to both posts regarding Nespresso machines/ coffees, but my intention is to reply to both of you.

We have Nespresso machines at work (pixies) and I absolutely love it, in fact I bought one for home too! I started out liking the higher intensity pods in the beginning and have migrated to the lower intensity coffees. Recently Nespresso released a limited edition called Margogype and they are $2 each. That being said, I find them amazingly smooth and complex but at $2 a pop I only enjoy them as a treat. The single origin Columbian, Brazilian and Indian coffees are my go to coffees for the most part.

I like my Nespresso so much that I take it with me when I travel because it is hard to live without. Nespresso loves me since I consume upwards of 6 coffees a day. Hope you guys enjoy yours!
[/QUOTE]

Ours just got delivered yesterday so my wife is going to be attempting to set it up herself since I'm not there. We'll see how that goes, but I'll definitely look into the Margogype, because I'm always interested in trying something new. Thanks for solidifying my purchase.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0

I like my Nespresso so much that I take it with me when I travel because it is hard to live without. Nespresso loves me since I consume upwards of 6 coffees a day. Hope you guys enjoy yours!
Thanks for the reply, my other concern is on the cups. Where do you order them from, how much are they and do they have a lot of different blends? We were worried that the coffee would be a lot more expensive.

We are mainly looking at it for coffee and the fact that you can do single cups for the morning before going to work. We have a regular coffee maker and end up wasting a lot of coffee in the morning cause I take a full cup and my wife will only drink a small cup in the morning. I have a Keruig at work and don't like the taste of the coffee, for some reason it just doesn't taste fresh to me.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I find that I enjoy particular coffees and good espressos. I think you either like it or not. At least that is how it was with me. I think the acquiring process happens when you move from light and sweet to just milk/cream or just black with sugar. I enjoy my coffee black with only a teaspoon of sugar and I like double shots of good espresso with on teaspoon of sugar as well.