What's new

What Cuban cigar had the best flavor profile for you?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
If you can get a good Partagas Serie D No. 4 you'll be in heaven; flavors of cinnamon and leather mingle with a pleasant spice. Another Cuban cigar I love is the Romeo y Julieta Wide Churchill. These are full of a creamy, sweet cedar with a white pepper note.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
So far it was a aged Bolivar petite corona I believe. It was magical and probably the best cigar I've ever had. Unfortunately I just found out 95% of the Cubans I've tried were fake. So keep an eye out; they can be tricky.
I thought the same about this stick, so odds are the one you had was legit - mine was from a trusted source.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoyo de Monterrey. There is a new vitola, limited 2013, Grand Epicure, it is amazing

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had a few puffs on an 80s dunhill about a month ago and it definitely left me impressed
You missed 2 weeks ago I fired one of those up as well as a '70s H Upmann and a pre-embargo just to say we tried it, it was actually really freaking strong w/ no musty taste or smell.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Best Cubans I have smoked yet are old monte dunhill selection #3, davidoff chateau te tour and dunhill atados. More recent cigars that have wowed me have been serie P #1, Monterrey, h upmann 520 and short pyramides.

But in the end I smoke more half coronas then any other cigar

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I mostly love boring, standard premiums. Some out-of-the-way cigars get a lot of play here, either because they're overlooked or are very good for the price point, which is totally valid. But my favorite regular production cigars are the Monte No. 2, Monte No. 4, PSD4, and Cohiba Linea Classica. It doesn't get better than that for me.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Best Cubans I have smoked yet are old monte dunhill selection #3, davidoff chateau te tour and dunhill atados. More recent cigars that have wowed me have been serie P #1, Monterrey, h upmann 520 and short pyramides.

But in the end I smoke more half coronas then any other cigar
I swear they put crack in the half coronas ... I kill boxes of those without even realizing it.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
An 03 boli inmensa no longer made and an 06 sir Winnie were memorable. New stuff is all over the place. Those half coronas are great as are gibble's yard gars!!

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The best Cubans you will find will match up with what you...the individual chooses to enjoy. It's like an NC choice in that your tastes matter...not what appeals to us because everybody experiences their own "favorites"...might I suggest looking for what you profile is first...know what you like before jumping into the fray. Some like complex notes where you like a combination of flavors...others like a certain profile like it being creamy and medium with notes of pepper. Once you really know the profile then start researching cigars with those notes you like...get with somebody who knows cigars very well who can point you in the direction of where YOUR profile is...not theirs. Your 'taste' is what is important here...what you like. It would be like me telling you what the best coffee is or tea...I can't do that because I don't know your tastes.

When I started out so many years ago I asked a lot of questions from those who know the Cigar World and told them what I liked in a cigar...that is where I soon learned which brand or kind of cigar to get and one thing about our tastes....they change over the years so what you loved this year will probably change. Be able to change with what appeals to you as that is half the fun of the journey of this hobby.

Sin

Living the Dream
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I mostly love boring, standard premiums. Some out-of-the-way cigars get a lot of play here, either because they're overlooked or are very good for the price point, which is totally valid. But my favorite regular production cigars are the Monte No. 2, Monte No. 4, PSD4, and Cohiba Linea Classica. It doesn't get better than that for me.
Skitalets has the right idea