What's new

What did we think of Tebow?

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Denver got rocked yesterday and Tim Tebow looked awful. I am still a fan of him but I think people need to be realistic. Everyone knew he was not an accurate passer or quite NFL ready to begin with. He'll adapt and learn the speed of the NFL soon enough. It just seems unfair for people to be picking him apart after his second start this year. It's not like he was brought into an existing good team. John Fox coached Carolina last year. 'Nuff said. Plus Fox and Elway don't seem to have any intention of letting Tebow succeed and the play calling proves it.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Denver is a bad fit for him, the only one who loved him is gone. Tebow needs to be in a system that opperates out of the gun, and hey when crowds are chanting your name your going to be under a lot of scrutiny.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's his first season in the NFL and he's got a learning curve just as anybody in any job environment has. Give the kid a season or two before being critical about him...every 'star' quarterback goes through this..even the great ones. His ability will kick in and to start with any criticism towards his playing time is ridiculous...did anybody else start their job at 100% when they were hired?? NO...you learned the nuances of your position and then got comfortable with it so let's let this guy have some room.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't agree more with Cigary43. He's got a ways to go, but with his work ethic and positive attitude he will get there in time.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
He's no Cam Newton.
Or Reggie Bush
Or Troy Polamalu

Although I'm pulling for him... not sure why Elway doesn't like him. Unfortunate.

Here's hoping to a Denver turnaround in 2 years and a Superbowl shortly thereafter! :thumbsup:

Curious to see where Kaepernick ends up too... not sure SF will keep him.

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
I hated Tebow and everything he stood for for years mainly because I despise Florida. I wish him well now, and believe that he has always had that certain X factor that every team wants in a leader. Unfortunately I think his status far outweighs his talent at this level. He reminds me of Vince Young when he first went to the Titans. He didn't put up impressive numbers but he won games- that's Tebow. That throwing motion got exposed yesterday though. It will continue to give him problems unless the Broncos design a system that will utilize his talents mote efficiently. I just have a feeling he will be a decent player but just NOT a great player.

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
He'll never get there. He can't pass. His footwork is horrible, his arm angle is all wrong...they tried to change it at Florida, they couldn't it; it's not something that really is changeable. The NFL is a passing league now, and he's not a passer. Cam Newton can pass, and is succeeding on a mediocre team, with less experience than Tebow; that right there says something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
People starting to believe yet? I am not a Denver fan but I do like Tebow, and he does it yet again. Really fun to watch.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Hey I am a Patriots fan, and I really can't help but just watch him and cheer. He has gotten better in the passing game and not relying on the option play as much. But he wins, and in the NFL a win is a win and they are leading there division....

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Hey I am a Patriots fan, and I really can't help but just watch him and cheer. He has gotten better in the passing game and not relying on the option play as much. But he wins, and in the NFL a win is a win and they are leading there division....
What worries me is if the Patriots beat them next week, people will go back to saying Denver hasn't beat any good/strong teams. Critics used that argument in the beginning, but started to back off once he kept winning. Then they said if teams put up more than 17 points, Denver couldn't win either. Oh well, some people are never happy with success.

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Its the enthusiasm that he brings that keeps me watching. Loved watching him at Florida and now I can't help but watch him now. Hope he can keep it up. I think the NFL needs more of it.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
"I think my teammates make me look a lot better than I am. ..." - Tim Tebow

Maybe so but it's Tebow that makes his teammates believe. What a great role model. I'm a huge Jets fan and not only did I find myself pulling for him against them, I didn't watch one minute of the Jets game last week because the Broncos were on at the same time on another channel.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I pull for him just because the way he plays the game. He definitely has a lot of improvement to be made, but he has the athletic ability to do it. He got thrown into the fire and has salvaged his teams season, for that they have to like him.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
His character, self deprecating personality is amazing considering the role's demanding ego-centric nature. I only wonder if his skill set can improve to a good NFL QB level. I cannot believe the Broncos beat the Bears.

Looking forward to see if they can be competitive against the Patriots.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Sanchez doesn't have the aura of Tebow, but he is another one who seems to do the most with his skills. He doesn't get enough credit for what he has accomplished for the Jets.

"I think my teammates make me look a lot better than I am. ..." - Tim Tebow

Maybe so but it's Tebow that makes his teammates believe. What a great role model. I'm a huge Jets fan and not only did I find myself pulling for him against them, I didn't watch one minute of the Jets game last week because the Broncos were on at the same time on another channel.