What's new

What did we think of Tebow?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tebow is a QB who is winning because the teams he is playing haven't had a chance to change their defense to match him. Next year (if he still starts) he will have a much harder time winning games playing the way he is now.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Tebow is a QB who is winning because the teams he is playing haven't had a chance to change their defense to match him. Next year (if he still starts) he will have a much harder time winning games playing the way he is now.
Chicago had plenty of time to prepare, and isn't Rex Ryan supposed to be the guru of defenses? If you noticed the Broncos have been adjusting as well adding a little conventional offensive schemes into the mix. As long as the defense keeps playing the way they have they'll continue to win. Yeah I know, that's a lot to ask. Are they going to keep winning week in and week out, no but they are fun to watch.

As for Mr. Tebow, the biggest problem I see with his passing game is his footwork, it really sucks, especially going to his right. If he can get that down he'll be a much better passer. Too bad the first game that he loses we'll be hearing all of the "I told you so's", there are so many haters out there that he could go 16-1 in a season and that one loss is all they'd see.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Chicago had plenty of time to prepare, and isn't Rex Ryan supposed to be the guru of defenses? If you noticed the Broncos have been adjusting as well adding a little conventional offensive schemes into the mix. As long as the defense keeps playing the way they have they'll continue to win. Yeah I know, that's a lot to ask. Are they going to keep winning week in and week out, no but they are fun to watch.

As for Mr. Tebow, the biggest problem I see with his passing game is his footwork, it really sucks, especially going to his right. If he can get that down he'll be a much better passer. Too bad the first game that he loses we'll be hearing all of the "I told you so's", there are so many haters out there that he could go 16-1 in a season and that one loss is all they'd see.

But I will say that in a year teams will have a better gameplan for him. When the WildCat came out it steam rolled teams for a year and a half......Now no ones uese it every play, just as a shake up.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
As an Irish fan I'd love to see Quinn get a shot but I'd have better luck staying dry while pissing into the wind.
Well both of the 2 other guys had a shot and did not impress overall. This was a wide open job in preseason and no one even Tebow shined wonderfully. The future QB of the Denver is not on the team....

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
You don't think Elway is starting to warm to him? I've heard rumblings that he'd be gone but not sure I understand the motive of getting rid of him.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
The only way i see Tebow staying as the Denver QB is if the orginization goes all and brings in top talent to run the option. He may not be a "NFL quarterback" but he does win.

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
After I lost Matt Schaub and Jay Cutler on my Fantasy Football Team. Tebow was all there was left. I hate watching him play. It is about as ugly as it gets. Some how he is averaging 16 FF points per game. Other QBs that average 16 FF points per game are Mark Sanchez and Ben Roethlisberger. He is scoring more FF points than Ryan Fitzpatrick and Josh Freeman who both average 15 points per game. I am not sure how he is doing it, but God bless him...is that a pun?

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Oughta be a good match up this week with my Pats and Tebow..

iCraig

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I certainly hope so.... but you never know. Denver has a good defense, where the Pat's D sucks..

iCraig

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
You can't honestly say that they're winning those games because of Tebow... He's OK, but he's not amazing and the defense is all that team is.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
You can't honestly say that they're winning those games because of Tebow... He's OK, but he's not amazing and the defense is all that team is.
Ah OK. We must be watching a different sport. I can guarantee you they would not be playing this well under Orton. So yes, I do believe that Renowned gives them a good opportunity to win games.

iCraig

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Ah OK. We must be watching a different sport. I can guarantee you they would not be playing this well under Orton. So yes, I do believe that Renowned gives them a good opportunity to win games.
Come on.. one of those games they won and tebow completed a total of TWO passes. Two, in an entire game. That's not your QB running the show, that's your D and a run game.

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I agree that Tebow's stats alone are not great. The D def is to thank for keeping the opponents scores low (their kickers havnt hurt either). But I do think that Tebow brings much more than stats to the team and they are better because of him. His attitude and love of the game changes morale and inspires, he comes through in the clutch, his ability to run keeps the opponents on their heels (once he gets more game time his throwing and running will only approve). IMO he is only going to keep improving though, he is def someone to watch.