What's new

What did you shoot today?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Picked up a Taurus PT111 Millenium G2 last weekend. Wanted a subcompact 9mm with a decent capacity and heard some good reviews despite past qc issues. A local shop was selling them for $205 so I figured it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot. At 15yd I was shooting 5" groups and had zero failures or issues with 150 rounds of various ammo. It far exceeded my low expectations. It's no H&K, but I feel like it was a great value and it's fun to shoot.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
My oldest son and I are going to the range in the morning. Going early before it gets hot. I have 2 guns I haven't shot yet, so need to see what I've got. 1950 High Standard GB .22 and a 1968 Ruger Mk 1 .22. I am also going to bring my Anschutz MSR22 and see if I can still shoot.

Update- the planned trip to the range didn't happen as planned. Looks like my son had company last night and they did a little too much partying. I showed up to pick him up this morning as planned and he was still sleeping and asked if we could go later in the week. I just came back home to sit on the patio with some coffee and harvest a couple of dozen tomatoes from the garden. It's a beautiful morning!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Got a few rounds in today . Really liking my new Ruger 22/45 Lite. Got around 600 rounds through it so far.
I'm thinking of picking one of those up to play with and as an introductory handgun for new shooters. Right now my softest recoil guns are my G19s and I would like to have an entry level gun in the safe. Any complaints at all about it?

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I'm thinking of picking one of those up to play with and as an introductory handgun for new shooters. Right now my softest recoil guns are my G19s and I would like to have an entry level gun in the safe. Any complaints at all about it?

No complaints at all! I have about 700 rounds through it so far and it is a blast to shoot and extremely accurate. I love the fact that the 22/45 Lite has the picatinny rail on it for easy optic mounting. I just have a cheap holographic site on it right now and it works great, and the kids love to shoot it.
It did get recalled recently due to an issue with the safety, so if your looking for one at the store look for an "S" in the safe position. If it doesn't have that it is subject to the recall. Mine still has yet to go in but it seems like Ruger has a good plan to get them all fixed in the recall relatively quickly.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Picked up a Benelli Super Vinci with the realtree max 5 finish at Gander Mountain this weekend.. All firearms are 25-30% off retail in the Frisco, TX store right now.. Really didnt want to drop that sort of $$$ on a shotgun.. but with 30% off I couldnt resist..

Plan on busting some clays with it this weekend and do a little prep for duck season..

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Nice! Great price on that one!

I had my Benelli Supernova out at the trap range yesterday. Only got one round in but it's always a blast. I'd like to pick up a Benelli Supersport, but part of me wants to wait for the Sport version of the 828U