What's new

What did you shoot today?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for you to come over to the canned side man! ;) makes that steel sound sooo much better... :D stupid great deals out there right now too...
I've got the Saker mount on there and on my 18 incher, a can will be one of my first purchases when I get to a friendlier state.
The wife and I have our sights set on Idaho. Hopefully it won't be long.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I've got the Saker mount on there and on my 18 incher, a can will be one of my first purchases when I get to a friendlier state.
The wife and I have our sights set on Idaho. Hopefully it won't be long.
Ah, I didn't realize you were in that unfortunate situation. Looked like you were ready to take that next step. I would recommend abandoning the saker mounts though. They give a lot of people trouble. Unless it's the asr. SiCo "may" swap them out for you if you pick up one of their cans. And as much as I love them and their stuff, the omega and octane are fantastic. Hybrid is pretty great too. But if I were starting now I'd probably go Dead air or Rugged. Best mounts going right now. (Griffin mounts and designs are good, but I think the CS can be a little iffy. Thunder Beast is excellent for bolt action.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, that's a bummer. I love the B.E. Meyers flash hiders and figured they would be good to go. Oh well, I'm not one to complain about fresh gear. What's the deal with the Sakers though? Truth be told, I'm fairly ignorant when it comes to cans but a brief scan of the Suppressor section over on Arfcom didn't really set off any alarms when I was plotting out my can plans.
Anyway, I took my brother and my nephew on the wife's side out to the range today. My nephew had only ever shot .22s before today but within the first mag he was making solid hits at 600 yards. Kid's a natural. Plus, he was rocking his aunt's styling earpro all the while.

Last edited:

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Man, that's a bummer. I love the B.E. Meyers flash hiders and figured they would be good to go. Oh well, I'm not one to complain about fresh gear. What's the deal with the Sakers though? Truth be told, I'm fairly ignorant when it comes to cans but a brief scan of the Suppressor section over on Arfcom didn't really set off any alarms when I was plotting out my can plans.
Anyway, I took my brother and my nephew on the wife's side out to the range today. My nephew had only ever shot .22s before today but within the first mag he was making solid hits at 600 yards. Kid's a natural. Plus, he was rocking his aunt's styling earpro all the while.
Haha, nice! Good stuff.

Honestly, arfcom is not the best place for nfa info. A useful resource, but lacking.
The saker trifecta mount has a tendency to get stuck badly. Other times. It doesn't lock in and cans get launched, luckily they "usually" don't get baffle strikes. Again, Not knocking SiCo, the design just has problems. That's why they have abandoned that mount in newer cans. Nfaguns group on fb is an utter mess, but you can get the best up to date can and mount info there. And feel free to message me any questions you have.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
6.5 Creedmoor, usually plinking at 400 to 1200 yards. Working my way out to a mile.
I bought a Ruger American Predator w/22" barrel in 6.5 CM a year ago and even as inexpensive as it is, it seems very accurate with certain factory ammo. I wish I had some place to stretch it out a bit. We have nothing locally past 150 yards. I did shoot it enough that I felt confident enough to shoot a buck last year at 266 yds and he dropped with shot placement exactly where I aimed. I really am liking the 6.5 CM.