What's new

What do you do and what else do you do?

qpzmide

Eric
Rating - 100%
156   0   0
I have the original wood grips, bought the hogue for a little extra beef. I haven't gotten around to purchasing any aftermarket wood grips yet. Any recommendations?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Really depends on how much money you want to spend.

I like Culina custom grips. No two grips would be the same, unlimited choices of wood. The ebony grips above are from him. Here is another set of combat style grips in figured walnut he made me.
http://culinagrips.com/grip-grades/

If you have a bunch of money to waste, Ed brown grips are the pinnacle of grip making.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Hi Guys
I'm an estimator for waterworks in Phoenix. Been doing that for some time now. Outside of work and the cigar hobby, I'm big into movies, specifically audio and video. So much so that I built a home theater that is updated with Dolby Atmos, and soon 4k video. My family and I spend many hot nights in the chilled room (it has it's own AC), watching movies and tv shows on blu ray.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hi Guys
I'm an estimator for waterworks in Phoenix. Been doing that for some time now. Outside of work and the cigar hobby, I'm big into movies, specifically audio and video. So much so that I built a home theater that is updated with Dolby Atmos, and soon 4k video. My family and I spend many hot nights in the chilled room (it has it's own AC), watching movies and tv shows on blu ray.
Nice, I always wanted a home theater but just don't have the room here in the Bay Area.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Hi Guys
Welcome! We have quite a few AZ guys on here. Quite a few of us are on the east side and meet up pretty regularly. Actually planning a herf at my place in Gilbert sometime this week I hope

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Nice, I always wanted a home theater but just don't have the room here in the Bay Area.
I hear ya. I didn't have the room until 3 years ago. I started planning just for a living room kind of thing, but this new house we moved into had a perfect room for my dream build. Took about 2 years to be completed, some of that more on the tech side and some just revamping speakers.

Welcome! We have quite a few AZ guys on here. Quite a few of us are on the
east side and meet up pretty regularly. Actually planning a herf at my place in Gilbert sometime this week I hope
I've noticed that! it's nice to know there's a big crowd out here. I'm on the eastside in South Chandler. Never been to a herf unless you include 1 buddy joining you lol.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i work in capital markets primarily focusing in REITS and alternative solutions for 1031 exchanges. I also work at two cigar shops at night. I have been smoking for 3 years now. I am 26 from NJ. I would say i smoke cigars every other day. I smoke all bodied cigars. but generally stick to the med- full range. For me the biggest thing is to never judge a label. Favorite cigar is a norteno i love the shape and flavor.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've worked in different factories in the past 7 years. From general labour to being a forklift driver and training new comers. Now I'm trying to open my own buisness with my father in home renovations. My hobbies other than cigars are poker (not so much anymore) knives, bushcraft and watching different sports (nfl,nhl, some nba, and world and euro cup soccer)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Greetings guys,

33 years old, no wife, no kids. I am the IT Director for a boat company. Service / Parts / and E-Commerce. Mercury, Yamaha, Volvo Penta, Suzuki, Johnson/Evinrude dealer. I handle all the IT needs, web design, marketing, and oversee the e-commerce part sales. If any of yall have boats and need parts or accessories I can definitely give you a GREAT BOTL Brother discount.

Outside of work I am a freelance IT Consultant and Web Designer. I do work for small businesses, startups, and home owners supporting servers, networks, computer systems, network security, data management, business solutions. Phone, remote, and on-site support.

As a hobby I have been a deejay for 16 years playing trance and house mostly but I dont get paid for it.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm 32, married, no kids, but a great little white smoking buddy...I mean dog. I'm a divorce lawyer and my wife is a pediatrician. I'm from the suburbs of Philadelphia and the wife is from Ohio (Dayton, Cleveland and Cincinnati). I've raced sailboats since I was a kid. It lately have been playing a lot more golf due to the commitments of work, finding crew, etc.

Happy to have joined BOTL--been smoking since I was 18, off and on (mostly off until the last few years). Usually smoke 1-2 a week--more when the wife is gone and the weather is nice.

Ash Scache

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I thought I had replied to this, but couldn't find the post. I am 62, married to the same women for 39 years, have 3 boys, 37, 35, 33. I have had many jobs but one career. I have been a Mississippi River Boat Captain. I worked on the river and the GICWW, for 36 years. I retired ten years ago at 52. After doing some traveling, lots of fishing, tried my hands at a couple of things, found out I am not a good landlord. (I am TOO easy). 8 years ago I started in Maritime education, I went to work at the school where I received my Captains license. Helping students get their license and other certifications, 2 years ago I moved into curriculum development. Due to the oil crunch, most of the production in the Gulf of Mexico shut down due to the oil price drop, my job was discontinued. I was picked up by a community college to start a new maritime program, I am the maritime department at this time, that means I do recruiting, teaching, curriculum development, creating textbooks, and promotions.
I began smoking cigars 37 years ago when my first son was born. only to quit a few years later because of allergies. A few months ago, a close friend returned from Saudi, having been there for 18 years. We reconnected, sitting on his patio, he introduced me to scotch, rye, and cigars. Although I think I insulted him a little, because I didn't like the CC he gave me and smoked about half of it. But it got me to restart my journey with cigars.
I have been very thankful for the BOTL, Aaron, @acc05R1 took me under his wing, made some recommendations and I am on my way.
My wife is not crazy about the idea of cigars and scotch and whisky, but has been a real trooper, not complaining about it. Mostly because I have been very frugal with all of it. I have not been affected by C.A.S. so she has been okay with it. Besides she is taking care of her mother, in hospice care, so she is focused on that.
I guess you can tell I can write a book. I ride motorcycles, I presently own a Honda ST 1300 ABS. I was a motorcycle rider-coach. I like fishing, I have a 20' bayboat, Redfish, and Speckled Trout are my target fish. I also flyfish and tie fly's. I fish offshore from time to time. I shoot guns and reload. (357 mag, 45 ACP, 30-06). I read voraciously!
There is more but I will stop here!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm 38, married, no kids. I pay the bills by doing purchasing for one of the larger fire protection and alarms companies in the Mid-Atlantic/Southeast U.S. It's a pretty decent gig, it definitely has its perks but also plenty of bullshit like every other job. Other than smoking cigars I'm really into food and booze. Currently my obsession is Rye Whiskey and Wheated Bourbon. I'm also into all the local and regional craft brew that my area has to offer. I'm also into wine. I guess I'm an alcoholic??? Moving on, my other hobbies include DJing, CrossFit, Olympic Weightlifting, hiking, mountain biking, shit talking, cracking jokes, searching out shady looking ethnic food spots, posting up at my local B&M, watching crappy UK sitcoms, and complaining about everything.

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
32 married with 2 kids. Work in Finance/Accounting for a large Aviation company. Started smoking cigars after college and really got into it after I married my wife as my Father in Law has smoked for a long time. I really enjoy spending time with my family, playing golf, Selling stuff on eBay, and starting to get into hunting.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I thought I had replied to this, but couldn't find the post. I am 62, married to the same women for 39 years, have 3 boys, 37, 35, 33. I have had many jobs but one career. I have been a Mississippi River Boat Captain. I worked on the river and the GICWW, for 36 years. I retired ten years ago at 52. After doing some traveling, lots of fishing, tried my hands at a couple of things, found out I am not a good landlord. (I am TOO easy). 8 years ago I started in Maritime education, I went to work at the school where I received my Captains license. Helping students get their license and other certifications, 2 years ago I moved into curriculum development. Due to the oil crunch, most of the production in the Gulf of Mexico shut down due to the oil price drop, my job was discontinued. I was picked up by a community college to start a new maritime program, I am the maritime department at this time, that means I do recruiting, teaching, curriculum development, creating textbooks, and promotions.
I began smoking cigars 37 years ago when my first son was born. only to quit a few years later because of allergies. A few months ago, a close friend returned from Saudi, having been there for 18 years. We reconnected, sitting on his patio, he introduced me to scotch, rye, and cigars. Although I think I insulted him a little, because I didn't like the CC he gave me and smoked about half of it. But it got me to restart my journey with cigars.
I have been very thankful for the BOTL, Aaron, @acc05R1 took me under his wing, made some recommendations and I am on my way.
My wife is not crazy about the idea of cigars and scotch and whisky, but has been a real trooper, not complaining about it. Mostly because I have been very frugal with all of it. I have not been affected by C.A.S. so she has been okay with it. Besides she is taking care of her mother, in hospice care, so she is focused on that.
I guess you can tell I can write a book. I ride motorcycles, I presently own a Honda ST 1300 ABS. I was a motorcycle rider-coach. I like fishing, I have a 20' bayboat, Redfish, and Speckled Trout are my target fish. I also flyfish and tie fly's. I fish offshore from time to time. I shoot guns and reload. (357 mag, 45 ACP, 30-06). I read voraciously!
There is more but I will stop here!
What engine on that boat? Yamaha Suzuki?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk