What's new

What do you do and what else do you do?

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Cigars are an interesting thing all onto themselves. Different kinds, sizes, brands, countries of origin, and tastes.
But the thing I have learned on the boards are the wide variety of people that enjoy them. This is an interesting cross section of people I just wonder what everybody here does to earn money to support the habit.
I would imagine most occupations and vocations will be represented.

Part 2 of my question is what does everybody here do besides smoke cigars and sit on the computer and talk about smoking cigars?

I run a used truck lot in southern Kentucky and have been in auto sales for about 15 years since I moved here from Cincinnati Ohio. We sell almost any kind of truck there is but not much in the way of cars. And I like it that way.

Other hobbies are surfing the net, drag racing and Dirt track late model racing. I like to listen to music mostly the blues but I have ZERO musical ability myself. I am married with a 23 year old daughter and a 20 year old son and that keeps me busy.

Who is next?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I sell telecomunications services, mostly wholesale. On the weekends I sell canon printers and camera's in a Best Buy. The later is strictly part time and is only for paying for this atty that I have... (long story)

I'm 26 and newly married this year and I have a 5 year old from somekind of differnt life. Outside of finding time to smoke cigars... I enjoy lifting and still have some good geek flava, I like gaming and playing with computers and a little photo/film hobby that is still pretty new to me but I really like the digital stuff.

Next.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'll be next..

I am married, 24 years old and no children. I work as a Tech Support Manager at a small software company. I dont have any money to support my smoking habit (or any other activities) since me and the wife buckled down to get into a house. The expenses of that take about 90% of our income, leaving the other 10% to food and gas, and anything else we need.

Besided being on the computer (since i am in front of one all day at work) and smoking the occasional cigar, I enjoy spending time with my family. We are a very closenit group. My father having 2 bouts with cancer has brought us extremely close to one another. I love spending my time with my father, we do a lot of working on our old muscle cars together, in which i enjoy greatly. I am in the midst of working on a 71 Camaro, and my fathers 65 Chevelle. When i do usually get to smoke a cigar, it is usually with my father. I share a smoke with him each time. Since we are both short on $ (he is on limited work due to cancer) I thank my fellow BOTL's for helping me get some smokes so that we can share them together. i couldnt enjoy it without your help. :) :) Other than that, i dont have much time, or $ to do anything else.

Who's next?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I'll jump on this, good thread John! (damn but I miss that thumps up emoticon)

OK, I'm an inside sales representative (ISR) for a mid-tier electronic components distributor. That means I work with outside sales people (OSR) all over the country (east coast and mostly dixie states for me) selling little tiny bits of electronic crap that go in just about everything, along with flat panel displays (just the panel, not the whole tricked out TV), thermal printers and a few other odd electronic things. Was the greatest job I've ever had for the first 2-3 years I was in it and has pretty much been all down hill for the past two years. Thank God for boards like this! ;)

Hobbies: Poker (not playing as much right now, but still love the game), Reading (I devour books), Golf, Guns, knives...and if you ask my wife, some new obsession about every year(they are actually the same obsessions recycled)! :lol: :lol:

I'm 30, married to an absolutely wonderful woman, have no kids unless you count my dog and her bird.

EDIT: Dang, this one's filling up fast! :shock: Hey Newt, congrats on the newly schackled...erm...married status! :D

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Well being the youngest here I guess I will Go next....
I am a 21 year old Junior at Georgia State, in the middle of getting a Double Major in Risk Management and Finance... That takes a bunch of my time but I enjoy the financial risk aspect of the idea so it really is not that bad.....
I also wait tables at Houstons.... yea the one that is all over the place... It is very good money for what i do. yes waiting tables sucks but hey it pays the bills... In my free time ( which is almost not there ) i go out and i also play all sports especially basketball.....

I dont know what else.. I have enjoyed bombing the hell out of.. .... yea you all know......

Clay

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am currently working as an Education Advisor.. (read sales.. as the advice is to do one of our courses)...

Before I settled myself down, I worked as a professional keyboard player for about a decade... I was a freelancer and toured with any artists that needed a keyboardist on their tour and also did some stints in the recording studios for some of them.

That was a fun lifestyle.. travelling around the globe a few times, but the price was also high...costed me 2 marriages.... (but gained more chicks then I, for decency's sake should remember :wink:)

At the same time I was touring, I was also studying literature at a university and eventually graduated and started teaching comparative literature and music.

When I moved to australia, I found out that my degree is not recognised over here (no foreign education is straight transferable.. )...so I am now an "Education Advisor" ha ha..

I have here met the true love of my life, Rebecca and we are moving back to Sweden in about 1.5-2 years.. interests.. too many to list here.. history (WW2), kayaking, outdoors & camping, scuba diving, literature and music (obvious if you read the first part of the post ha ha).

No kids at this point and non planned yet.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
OK it's the old guys turn.

I am 48 years old, married to my 2nd wife, have a son (30) and 2 step daughters 16 and 12. I am a cop and have been for almost 27 years. I love to play golf, fly airplanes and smoke cigars. I have smoked one thing or another for 30+ years, cigars for about 5.

I have my own business on the side doing various things and pretty much work most of the time. When not working I seem to be here.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Well, music teacher and tubist. I teach middle school band at a Long Island school. I also play tuba with some local bands and orchestras which gives me an opportunity to play REALLY LOUD!!!!

In my spare time when I'm not running my kids to gymnastics, soccer or swimming I like to garden and fly stunt kites.

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I work inside sales for a Molding Machine Sales company.

In my free time I work on and or build custom mini trucks, and travel all over the US to shows. I'm into the tattoo and piercing industry, I have been collecting tattooes and piercings on my body now for 10 yrs. I also enjoy a good cigar with a good game of fuse ball.

How ever with the recent purchase of a house, I find myself very busy working around it. Seems like the girl friend always finds a new project for me to do.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Realtor.

Yeah I know. I work with them every day and we do have a lot of bad apples in the bunch.

Let's see, 47.. happily married for 24 or so yrs. Two kids... Daughter 23 and son 20.

Play golf and wadefish the inshore bays between Port O' Conner and Rockport Texas.

Had a heart attack wake up call in June this year. Paddles and all. :shock:

I was smoking 3 packs of cigs a day. Didn't smoke anything for 4 months and now smoke about 2 to 4 cigars a week. And I do indeed love it! A truly great hobby, and I've certainly tried a lot of different hobby's!

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
N2Advnture said:
I work as a Customs Official. Been married for nearly 10 years. No kids but Bus acts like he is 2 at times.
And I gave him my phone number :shock:

*note to self, change phone number*

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
N2Advnture said:
I work as a Customs Official. Been married for nearly 10 years. No kids but Bus acts like he is 2 at times.
That's how he gets all the good cigars #-o

Ironman

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
42, recently re-singled, no children. I'm the Inside Sales Manager for a wholesale millwork distributor. I'm just crazy about my critters, Bear the dog, Fluff the cat and Larry the parrot. I enjoy firearms, shooting and other outdoor stuff, biking, hiking, canoeing, etc. I also like working on my 135 year old house. It gives me a chance to break out my saws and put on my toolbelt (I worked in construction & const. management before I got this cushy office job). I haven't been able to do much of those things recently. I take care of my father who had a major stroke earlier this year. He requires constant companionship so when I'm not working I'm at home to relieve the daycare workers. I got seriously bitten by the cigar bug just a few months ago. Before that I only smoked drugstore 'gars every now and then. (I still like Backwoods).

smokinafuente

This space for rent.
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Martinsburg, WV ...Home of the Martinsburg Mafia.
My turn!

I just turned 36 this month and had my 17th wedding anniversary last month. We have an adopted 9 year old daughter and a huge, 17 month old boy. He about 37" tall and 39 lbs already! I work at Mack Trucks in Hagerstown, MD as a CNC machinist. I make gears and shafts for there transmissions and I'm a member of the UAW local 171. In my free time I; play with the kids, work overtime, play GTA on the PS2, work overtime, mess with 2 saltwater tanks, work overtime, moderate over at reptileadvice.com, work overtime, hang out at the local smoke shop.