What's new

What is "cuban-esque"?

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I wasn't trying to rehash the age old NC vs CC debate....I was just wondering if the blind tastings ever occurred & if so, where can I find the results?

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I've still thought about this thread ever since MU brought it up and have been planning something to revive it. As long as I can find test subjects it would be a good begining of the year project......

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I've still thought about this thread ever since MU brought it up and have been planning something to revive it. As long as I can find test subjects it would be a good begining of the year project......
Cool - thanks, Jfire. I'd be more than happy to volunteer if you needed more subjects. If not, no big deal either. I really think this would be a great experiment. I definitely agree with the parameters you originally stated too.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I would describe the tatuaje cabaiguan as being very "cuban-esque," that would be a tough one to identify blind against a CC. I think of Cuban-esque and mild/medium bodied, an earthy profile, little or no pepper/spice (as compared to Nic cigars especially), and a creamy smoke.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This thread really got me thinking about the contrast between CCs and NCs. I think beer might be a good example.

I feel like the best comparison I could make is the difference between a lager and everything else (cuban being the lager). Now I'm not saying lagers are better than stouts, IPAs, etc., but you would never mistake the two. All have their own unique characteristics but a lager is so drastically different, but it is still beer.

Maybe?

Sin

Living the Dream
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This thread really got me thinking about the contrast between CCs and NCs. I think beer might be a good example.

I feel like the best comparison I could make is the difference between a lager and everything else (cuban being the lager). Now I'm not saying lagers are better than stouts, IPAs, etc., but you would never mistake the two. All have their own unique characteristics but a lager is so drastically different, but it is still beer.

Maybe?
Stouts are so much better than lagers! rabel rabel rabel!! ;)

Rating - 100%
10   0   0

Maybe?

Lagers can be dark and flavorful(baltic porter to name one style), and ales can be light and flavorless(cream ales....yuck)
but I digress