What's new

What is in this Drew estate cigar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
If anyone is worried about smoking ligas with plastic string in them. No worries, I'm sure there are a few liga whores that would be happy to test your remaining stash.
I'm not a liga whore but i sure will test them for anyone :) especially the dirty rats. Better not take the chance of smoking one with plastic....

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
If anyone is worried about smoking ligas with plastic string in them. No worries, I'm sure there are a few liga whores that would be happy to test your remaining stash.
I'm not a liga whore but i sure will test them for anyone :) especially the dirty rats. Better not take the chance of smoking one with plastic....
Rut roh...

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Rut roh...
Rut roh what
I agree! Had my first and only dirty rat today and it is imo the best of the lp line that I have had.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Not sure what the worry was about bashing DE?!? If something is wrong with a product then consumers must speak up. People seem a little concerned with how it looks to say something bad about DE....

Oh well, sounds like they know about it, and hopefully it doesn't happen again.

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Not sure what the worry was about bashing DE?!? If something is wrong with a product then consumers must speak up. People seem a little concerned with how it looks to say something bad about DE....

Oh well, sounds like they know about it, and hopefully it doesn't happen again.
In all respect, i don't think its a matter of bashing them. But more of giving them a chance to make things right before posting pictures of their mistake fur the public to see. If i had a business and something went wrong i would want to be the first one to know about it and have the opportunity to make the customer happy. If its a common problem (and it looks like its happening often) and no one ever contacts the business, how will they be able to to know about it to make it right before it happens again.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
If something like that slips through quality control (which I understand happens) and gets to the market, the company already had their chance. I guess I don't know why people feel the need to give them a "chance". As was said before, this is not just a cracked wrapper or an under filled cigar. There is nothing wrong with bringing this to public light. IMO

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I guess I'm just not one of those guys to have a bad meal at a fancy restaurant and call the BBB to complain.
Me neither. I'm saying that this would be the equivalent to a Google review. Saying "Yeah I went to this fancy restaurant and had bad service". Sure it could have been just the one server. But I'm not going to cover that up and say "Best meal ever" just so that I'm not seen as bashing the restaurant. I

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
My take is that many here believe if you have a problem with a product produced by a company, a service provided by an individual etc - you should let THE company/ entity know, not necessarily the world that revolves around that product or service as it may do little to help, and may make matters worse. If you find something in food, tell the restaurant manager, wait staff or someone else at the RESTAURANT, not some message board where many, many, many versions and iterations about that experience may be propagated. Perhaps the goal is not to show a picture of the rubberband that was found in your $10 milkshake (etc) to the milkshake world (for whatever reason), it is to show it to the company responsible for putting there, however that came to be.

Further, if you tell others that you generally like this restaurant's food, service, etc.... the last thing you may want to do is to open a gate whereby others may dogpile this restaurant, etc and start dialogue that may bruise part of the company's reputation.

Many would go to the source, because the source is the only enitity that can correct and resolve the issue. People on an internet forum cannot (directly)

Lastly, if you choose not to go to that restaurant manager, shop owner or cigar manufacturer with your concerns - you are not giving them that opportunity to get better at what they do. I believe the OP did this, but I think others would have stopped there.

My $0.02

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
My take is that many here believe if you have a problem with a product produced by a company, a service provided by an individual etc - you should let THE company/ entity know, not necessarily the world that revolves around that product or service as it may do little to help, and may make matters worse. If you find something in food, tell the restaurant manager, wait staff or someone else at the RESTAURANT, not some message board where many, many, many versions and iterations about that experience may be propagated. Perhaps the goal is not to show a picture of the rubberband that was found in your $10 milkshake (etc) to the milkshake world (for whatever reason), it is to show it to the company responsible for putting there, however that came to be.

Further, if you tell others that you generally like this restaurant's food, service, etc.... the last thing you may want to do is to open a gate whereby others may dogpile this restaurant, etc and start dialogue that may bruise part of the company's reputation.

Many would go to the source, because the source is the only enitity that can correct and resolve the issue. People on an internet forum cannot (directly)

Lastly, if you choose not to go to that restaurant manager, shop owner or cigar manufacturer with your concerns - you are not giving them that opportunity to get better at what they do. I believe the OP did this, but I think others would have stopped there.

My $0.02
I couldn't have said it better myself. Exactly how I feel

halel

Banned
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I honestly don't get why some of you are getting butt hurt about him posting this. It's not like he's bashing anyone, he's bringing to light that a piece of fu%%ing nylon was in his CIGAR! Smoking nylon isn't on my list of to-do's. Hes not even asking for it to be replaced.

Edit: and apparently it's happening a lot.

FuenteSmoker

Il n'y a pas de fumée san
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
While everyone here makes valid points. Maybe the the person/people this happened to didn't want to make a huge issue about it by contacting the company. It is after all a small inconvenience. One or a couple sticks out of millions. I DO think its the persons choice to post it where ever and how ever they want. They did pay for the product. They were in the process of consuming it and had to deal with the confusion of trying to figure out what it is. This forum is about asking questions and learning new things and that's what this is all about. The matter of how you would have handled it is irrelevant .The company knows about it and addressed it. The end!

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I honestly don't get why some of you are getting butt hurt about him posting this. It's not like he's bashing anyone, he's bringing to light that a piece of fu%%ing nylon was in his CIGAR! Smoking nylon isn't on my list of to-do's. Hes not even asking for it to be replaced.

Edit: and apparently it's happening a lot.
Not sure that it's really people getting butt hurt. I think it is more that they feel that Britt (a great BOTL) could've just went to the source (which he did) to inform them of the issue with their product first and then inform us of the whole situation. Britt did the right thing trying to contact DE and also letting us know IMO.

This forum is very different from others where Britt would have been bashed repeatedly or the complete opposite where everyone would bash the company (which he was not trying to do). On here he was just given some knowledgeable answers He just wanted some insight as to what the object was. I feel he did the right thing and I know the other BOTLs feel the same. There is just a slight feel to some certain threads where readers may misinterpret a true post of curiosity for a bash post and that is all in the nature of message boards.

packerjh

Jokey says BOOM!!!!
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I saw on another forum where a wire was inside of a NUB cigar...it really nicked the cutter that "discovered" it...things happen when we enjoy our handmade products. I don't love it, but I'll deal with it.

Rating - 98.4%
90   1   0
I think this thread neads to be shut down. Drew Estates already addressed the situation and that's good enough for me. People are making it a big deal and it's causing tension between the brothers of this forum. Britt had no ill intentions when he posted this thread, it was more curiosity. Let's face it, none of this is going to effect Drew Estates sales. So like I said, let's close this out and move on.

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
^^ i agree. I do want to apologize to anyone that i may have offended. I meant no disrespect to anyone. Just voicing my opinion and thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.