What's new

What is in this Drew estate cigar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Lmao. Well shit. This got a little heated. Everyone kiss and make up while Rex and I take photos for our collections... I mean ... *cough cough* uhhhhh... Anyways how about them Panthers.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I think this thread neads to be shut down. Drew Estates already addressed the situation and that's good enough for me. People are making it a big deal and it's causing tension between the brothers of this forum. Britt had no ill intentions when he posted this thread, it was more curiosity. Let's face it, none of this is going to effect Drew Estates sales. So like I said, let's close this out and move on.
Please!

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
^^ i agree. I do want to apologize to anyone that i may have offended. I meant no disrespect to anyone. Just voicing my opinion and thoughts.
Same here gents!

But since I do hold grudges on occasion I think your mailboxes will pay for blasphemy... Soon

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
^^ i agree. I do want to apologize to anyone that i may have offended. I meant no disrespect to anyone. Just voicing my opinion and thoughts.
Same here gents!

But since I do hold grudges on occasion I think your mailboxes will pay for blasphemy... Soon
Don't be threatening me brother! I'll call the botl police

Rating - 98.4%
90   1   0
Rating - 92.3%
13   1   0
my take is that many here believe if you have a problem with a product produced by a company, a service provided by an individual etc - you should let the company/ entity know, not necessarily the world that revolves around that product or service as it may do little to help, and may make matters worse. If you find something in food, tell the restaurant manager, wait staff or someone else at the restaurant, not some message board where many, many, many versions and iterations about that experience may be propagated. Perhaps the goal is not to show a picture of the rubberband that was found in your $10 milkshake (etc) to the milkshake world (for whatever reason), it is to show it to the company responsible for putting there, however that came to be.

Further, if you tell others that you generally like this restaurant's food, service, etc.... The last thing you may want to do is to open a gate whereby others may dogpile this restaurant, etc and start dialogue that may bruise part of the company's reputation.

Many would go to the source, because the source is the only enitity that can correct and resolve the issue. People on an internet forum cannot (directly)

lastly, if you choose not to go to that restaurant manager, shop owner or cigar manufacturer with your concerns - you are not giving them that opportunity to get better at what they do. I believe the op did this, but i think others would have stopped there.

My $0.02

agreed

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
my take is that many here believe if you have a problem with a product produced by a company, a service provided by an individual etc - you should let the company/ entity know, not necessarily the world that revolves around that product or service as it may do little to help, and may make matters worse. If you find something in food, tell the restaurant manager, wait staff or someone else at the restaurant, not some message board where many, many, many versions and iterations about that experience may be propagated. Perhaps the goal is not to show a picture of the rubberband that was found in your $10 milkshake (etc) to the milkshake world (for whatever reason), it is to show it to the company responsible for putting there, however that came to be.

Further, if you tell others that you generally like this restaurant's food, service, etc.... The last thing you may want to do is to open a gate whereby others may dogpile this restaurant, etc and start dialogue that may bruise part of the company's reputation.

Many would go to the source, because the source is the only enitity that can correct and resolve the issue. People on an internet forum cannot (directly)

lastly, if you choose not to go to that restaurant manager, shop owner or cigar manufacturer with your concerns - you are not giving them that opportunity to get better at what they do. I believe the op did this, but i think others would have stopped there.

My $0.02

agreed
That would be solid advise. If the point of this thread was to resolve the issue. It how ever was never the purpose of this thread. The purpose was to see if any one could identify the object or had ever found anything similar.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Also for those saying that posting a thread was the wrong thing. I personally contacted DE on their site as well as messaged JD at the same time i created this thread. This is the only place they have responded so obviously this was the right place to inquire about it.

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Information is power. Regaurdless of how we might handle the situations ourselves I enjoyed reading this thread.

I know foreign contaminants might make their way into a handmade product and pass quality control. But even four instances (or more) out of all DE products smoked collectively on this forum doesn't make it common. Their brand wouldn't be as strong here if that was the case. We discuss more, smoke more, and are more vocal about cigars here(isn't that the idea)

Thanks for keeping it an intelligent and civil debate

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Same here gents!

This guys address? Someone.... Bueller... Bueller...
PM sent

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Its probably something that was on the rolling table or maybe that was used to wrap the leaves. You probably won't ever see something like that again and I don't know if I'd go as far as saying something to JD about it or putting pics up all over the forum. It is what it is, Drew Estate is dead on 99.99% of the time with amazing cigars
One guy on here said it happened twice to him, so I'll have to disagree with you about this being the only time it'll happen. Out of curiosity of what exactly it is alone I think the OP has a right to ask JD or see if the company will give him a response. Now, if it was a cracked wrapper or a burn issue or something then I would agree with you to simply chalk it up as a loss and there would be no need to get DE involved, those kind of things DO happen. This, IMO, shouldn't just happen. Shit like this is why people say to never smoke fake CCs, as you simply don't know what's in them. If he didn't notice this or if it was in the middle of a cigar he could've smoked right into it which wouldn't have been good. I don't think the OP was putting DE on blast by putting it up on IG but I can see why he wanted to take it down. And as far as not posting things up, I personally feel as though a lot of people would feel differently about this if it was any another company. And respectfully, he's not "putting pics up all over the forum" if theres ever a place to have a discussion about this it would be here on the BOTL website.
Agree to Disagree.
With what exactly, if you don't mind my asking.

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Same here gents!

PM sent
You're a dick. Its time i shoot the messenger. That should solve the problem...

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Same here gents!

PM sent
Hasn't worked thus far

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Same here gents!

PM sent

[video=youtube_share;JRfuAukYTKg]http://youtu.be/JRfuAukYTKg[/video]

Just sayin

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Same here gents!

PM sent

[video=youtube_share;JRfuAukYTKg]http://youtu.be/JRfuAukYTKg[/video]

Just sayin
One of these days britt, one of these days!

Not sure what the video is, i can't hear sound on my phone. And i have no computer. I'm as loser i know

Status
Not open for further replies.