What's new

What is your avatar? Why is it your avatar?

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Dont you wonder sometimes about peoples avatars?
Sometimes what the hell they are, sometimes , what the hell are they thinking by choosing it. Sometimes changing all the time. Some stay the same all the time, even at other boards.

I am going to start this one.

Mine is Opus the penguin from the Berkley Breathed comic strip "Bloom County" When I was a teenager I loved this strip. So many neat characters and great lines. And I love penguins. I think they are the coolest (pardon the pun) creatures on the planet.

I first needed an avatar and spent some time trying to decide what I wanted. I could not think of what I wanted. Then I was cleaning out a desk here at the house and it had a book that I got back in 1989 while I was off during my car accident that I got to pass the time in the hospital. I had not given Opus, Steve Dallas and Milo.
So you combine Opus the penguin with Fuente's Opus X cigar and it gets a double , obscure meaning.

and to answer someone's question he is not taking a dump, he is sitting atop a penguin crossing sign.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Great thread

mine is of me and my best friend enjoying a smoke after a golf tournament I throw each summer called The Death in the Desert Classic! We were kicked back at the end of the day enjoying a smoke and a drink. It didn't get any better than that, I tell ya.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Mine may change occasionally. Except for when I had my Cabinet as my avatar it is always Gordon or 24 related.

I've been a Gordon fan since 1993...my Dad works for Dupont.

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Mine is a badge that says Texas Cop on it, made for me by the great Gonz before he became too popular to chat with me on IRC any more ;-) It is my avatar because...Well, that should be pretty self explanatory :cool:

Drew

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Texas Cop said:
Mine is a badge that says Texas Cop on it, made for me by the great Gonz before he became too popular to chat with me on IRC any more ;-) It is my avatar because...Well, that should be pretty self explanatory :cool:

Drew
Because you are a U.S. Army soldier? :wink:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Hmmm...I really don't know why I've got Bender from Futurama as my avatar. I liked the show ok, and found one of him smoking a cigar, just kind of fit. I keep meaning to change it to a pic of my new dog, just haven't found the right one yet.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Mine is a a knight (because I used to play a whole lot of chess) superimposed over cigar ash (becuase I still smoke a whole lot of cigars).

brainvictim

Whats going on over here?
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My avatar is from the Ornery Boy Webcomic. Hes a random wino that became a Zombie casualty on the comic. I thought it was a cool looking picture. It will most likely change to the Zombie character form the webcomic later on.

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Mine is a photo of the Embrey Dam, after it was breached on February 23, 2004. It was located on the Rappahannock River, about a half-mile from where I work. It had been an electric-power generating dam, but had fallen out of use, so the Army Corps of Engineers blew a hole in it, to allow fish back to their natural migration routes. The dam was removed completely over the next year.

A video if you are interested- clicky
I was there when it went off and the concussion from the blast was awesome.

I wanted my avatar to represent my hometown, and I thought that something destructive would be good.

Jay

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
My avatar is a picture of my dog Rocky lying down in front of my humidor. I tried to get him to look mean for the pick, but he just doesn't have it in him.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
The gods had condemned Sisyphus to ceaselessly rolling a rock to the top of a mountain, whence the stone would fall back of its own weight. They had thought with some reason that there is no more dreadful punishment than futile and hopeless labor.

Me, I call it Monday.