What's new

What is your favorite ethnic cuisine?

What is your favorite cuisine?

• Total voters

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I said Mexican, but it is hard to find real Mexican food here in Northern MN, People here think "Taco Bell and Taco Johns" is real hot Mex. Food, :barf: OMFG....

Frank N

CFL
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I like most all of those listed. I can't say that I have one preference over the other. Howerver, I'm married to a mexican (5th generation US though) who does not cook much. However, Grandma is coming to town for christmans. I can't wait!!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I like most all of those listed. I can't say that I have one preference over the other. Howerver, I'm married to a mexican (5th generation US though) who does not cook much. However, Grandma is coming to town for christmans. I can't wait!!
TAMALES!!!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Frank I'm not playing. I would pay serious money to get the white cheese
dip recipe. Ask grandma or the wife. PM me with the results.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I voted Japanese, being that I was raised on the stuff. :grin:

Japanese Pork Tonkatsu (with Bull-Dog brand Tonkatsu sause) is my absolute favorite food in the entire world.

I also love Shrimp Tempura, Yakisoba, Udon, Soba, Gyoza, Chicken Yakitori, Japanese Curry Rice (it's nothing like Indian curry), Onigiri, Salmon Korokke...oh, and of course the ever-popular Sushi & Sashimi.

Damn, now I'm craving some Pocky. :blob:

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'm Italian, so I'm not sure that qualifies as "ethnic" food for me. So, I'll vote for Mexican.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I voted Mexican but I really haven't tried any Thai, Indian, Fench, or German.
I'm like you, Todd. I haven't tried many ethnic foods. I should be more open minded. I have tried Thai, however. Pad Thai is a wonderful dish, a real must-try if you ask me.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I picked German because it reminds me of all of those wonderful dinners that we had at home and at the relatives growing up. I would have to say that beef rouladen is still one of my favorites!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I picked German because it reminds me of all of those wonderful dinners that we had at home and at the relatives growing up. I would have to say that beef rouladen is still one of my favorites!
It disgusts me to go to restaurants and they advertise "authentic German cuisine". You get there and they are serving bratwurst and saurkraut. Sometimes they will throw a rueben sandwich in for variety. Most people have very little idea what German food really is.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
It disgusts me to go to restaurants and they advertise "authentic German cuisine". You get there and they are serving bratwurst and saurkraut. Sometimes they will throw a rueben sandwich in for variety. Most people have very little idea what German food really is.
I lived in Germany for four years, and we would eat at these little mom and pop restaraunts that were just to die for. We also used to go on these 10 and 20 K "Volksmarches" like every weekend, and I have never found brats that match up to those that they served at the end of those hikes.

Although my dad did get this kidney stew once and tricked me into taking a bite, and it was pretty nasty.

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I picked other because I didn't see southern anywhere. Fried: Chicken, Catfish, Steak, Tenderloin, Grouper, Califlower, Okra, Green tomato,...

And the non-fried vegies, collard greens, turnip greens, snap beans, red beans and rice. Then you have to throw in some low-country shrimp and grits.

Man this thread is making me hungry.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I picked other because I didn't see southern anywhere. Fried: Chicken, Catfish, Steak, Tenderloin, Grouper, Califlower, Okra, Green tomato,...

And the non-fried vegies, collard greens, turnip greens, snap beans, red beans and rice. Then you have to throw in some low-country shrimp and grits.

Man this thread is making me hungry.
I was referring to cuisines outside of the USA, but I love some collards, black eyed peas, buttermilk biscuits, and fried chicken.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I was referring to cuisines outside of the USA, but I love some collards, black eyed peas, buttermilk biscuits, and fried chicken.
Mmmmm souther cookin. Throw in some Smithfield ham and we are there.

(Didn't know I used to be a confederate did you?) :bouncetau