What is your favorite Habano brand?

What is your favorite Habano brand?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I would use the term "prefer", rather than confuse.
I meant to use the word confuse because there are too many people, and this is just my opinion, that think because a cigar is mild it has no flavor. That may be the case, but I have had some very mild smoking cigars that were very flavorful. I have seen a lot of posts from guys saying things like,"WOW, this cigar is so strong,what a great tasting cigar!!!" Then I go and try that cigar and it's all power and little flavor. That is fine if that's what you like and I'm not casting any aspersions at anyone who does. I just think too many people confuse the two terms.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I meant to use the word confuse because there are too many people, and this is just my opinion, that think because a cigar is mild it has no flavor. That may be the case, but I have had some very mild smoking cigars that were very flavorful. I have seen a lot of posts from guys saying things like,"WOW, this cigar is so strong,what a great tasting cigar!!!" Then I go and try that cigar and it's all power and little flavor. That is fine if that's what you like and I'm not casting any aspersions at anyone who does. I just think too many people confuse the two terms.
Understood and agreed, Kevin. Thanks for the clarification. FWIW - I have really been enjoying the HdM Epicure Especials lately, which I would say fits your description of mild, but with wonderful flavor.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Understood and agreed, Kevin. Thanks for the clarification. FWIW - I have really been enjoying the HdM Epicure Especials lately, which I would say fits your description of mild, but with wonderful flavor.
Hmm . . . I may have to add that to my ever growing list of boxes to buy. Haven't purchased hoyos in awhile. Never seem to have enough cash to buy everything I want! Oh to win the lottery!!!

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I've never been able to answer one of these posts. I always start out with something popping into my head, then I look at the list and go, "Oh yeah, but what about THIS one?" and by the time I'm done I'm juggling way more than one favorite. Hell, I doubt I could even nail it down to one favorite for each size!

I like Bolivar and Partagas for really bold flavors.
I love Trinidad and Cohibas for their specific flavor profile (which I find similiar).
I love Monte's for their, what I consider, refined flavor.
I also couldn't ever give up my RyJ Ex. 4s.

Then of course, there's all the others. :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with Partagas only because I have liked every different vitola tried. Monticristos and Trindads would probably round out the top three for me. Although, JL, HDM and San Cristobal would be up there too.

Never really fancied the Cohiba line.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My CC experience is fairly limited. Every PSD4 I have had was great, so thats going to be my favorite for now. Vegas Robaina's have been good to me too. I have some Hoyo Epicure Especial, Cohiba Robusto, and Mag 46's resting right now, and cant wait to try them out.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
As far as the most cigars in a brand I have to go Bolivar, but yes there are individual vitolas from others that stand out.