What's new

What is your rarest cigar?

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Well up until last week I had nothing all that RARE...sure I have some Easties, and Opus, and stuff like that but nothing rare. Then a brother gifted me something really special. A cigar that was gifted to his boss gave it to him after he met Wayne Suarez of Tabacalera Fuente...he thought it was an Fuente Anejo Sandshark and gave it to me. It turns out it is a Fuente Don Carlos Sandshark which was never produced for the public...the cello is a crusty yellow and it smells of caramel. I am going to do a puff-puff-pass at my pad when it gets warmer so everyone can try it.

Attachments

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
2-Special Size #2
1-Spellbound
1-Enchantment
1-Belicoso #1
1-Corona Gorda
I had to check Moki's site for all of the names. Moki to the rescue once again.
.......the cigar god's have smiled upon thee:drool: Oh....if you ever get tired of them, let me know:wink:

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Larry, they are as hard to get as original 858 Rosado's. I would love to find some myself. I keep looking for tht box that no one knows what it is.

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
.......the cigar god's have smiled upon thee:drool: Oh....if you ever get tired of them, let me know:wink:
I'm reviewing on Saturday. My first review. I'll be taking notes, because I know reviewing is tougher than it looks. :computer:

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I had never even heard of them, any idea how many were made?
If I recall correctly, there were 100 humidors of 100 cigars made back in 2002 (?). I split a humidor with a shop owner back then. The cigars are still near the top of my N/C "Best of" list. They have the best characteristics (IMO) of both the Opus & VSG. They are not nearly as spicy or peppery as an opus but still have the great flavor of the filler.

The Montesino Pyramid came out around the same time (I believe) and it shares a fair bit in common with this cigar for a FRACTION of the cost. Both are worth seekign out and the VSG ERs are worth paying easily $50 a stick for the experience. They're that good. (I have no idea what their current market value is. I'm just speaking to their smoking enjoyment value)

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Great info Kurt. Sounds like quite a find. Love the VSG, have to try to find one of these.

Kurt beat me to that question about CK on Saturday.

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
Will you be smoking & reviewing this at Cigar King with us? :skew:
Unfortunately, I'm tight on time on Saturday. Probably a 1 and done day for me. It's a long way from Oswego to the North side, so I will be on "home turf" that day. I hope you guys have a great time and look forward to hearing about the day.