What's new

What was the final push?

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Just ordered my first box yesterday, H upmann coronas mejor, in the tubo. For me the motivating factor was that I run a cigar shop and smoke 4 or 5 cigars a day, and I was just getting tired of the nc flavors. I desperately needed to mix up my rotation and ccs seemed to be the obvious choice.
That Connecticut broadleaf wave is booty

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just ordered my first box yesterday, H upmann coronas mejor, in the tubo. For me the motivating factor was that I run a cigar shop and smoke 4 or 5 cigars a day, and I was just getting tired of the nc flavors. I desperately needed to mix up my rotation and ccs seemed to be the obvious choice.
Man, the idea of running a cigar shop sounds so appealing but then reality sets in and I realize... a. I don't know enough and b. its a tough business to get established and be successful.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Man, the idea of running a cigar shop sounds so appealing but then reality sets in and I realize... a. I don't know enough and b. its a tough business to get established and be successful.
Well I dont own the shop, we have four stores in Phoenix and I manage the Tempe store. Customers marvel at how much I know for my age but I really dont know factory or master blender names, just most of the basics

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Ahhhh, for me, it was just the allure of smoking forbiden fruit. Been smoking for a while and had a few CCs here and there. Always liked them, but I was also in my punch me in the face cigar phase. So I kept on smoking my overpowered NCs ( not that i dont still enjoy one of those sticks from time to time.) I got on this forrum and i just decided i was going to order a few boxes of stuff i knew i liked, monti 2, and a box of psd4s. Well, ofcourse they were good, then i bought a special on HDM Epicure esp. And i was like wtf.... sooooo much flavor in what i call a mildish cigar. Ya... that was a few months and a few grand ago. I dont regret a penny, except for the quinteros....lol

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
For me it's gonna be you guys talking about how great they are, my finger is hovering over the buy button now! :/
Most of the guys running cigar shops don't know enough either.
But on the knowledge thing, This is soooooo true of Gunshops as well, but it's usually employees, owners and customers that are completely clueless, and determined to bloviate enough that everyone knows it. Never trust or repeat anything you hear in a gun shop, go home and research it thoroughly...

Josh Smith

Opus junkie
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
For me it's gonna be you guys talking about how great they are, my finger is hovering over the buy button now! :/
But on the knowledge thing, This is soooooo true of Gunshops as well, but it's usually employees, owners and customers that are completely clueless, and determined to bloviate enough that everyone knows it. Never trust or repeat anything you hear in a gun shop, go home and research it thoroughly...
Hit the button man

Josh Smith

Opus junkie
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I got bombed by a very close friend I had only been smoking cigars for about 2 months. He hit me aged cc all with 3 years or more. What an Asshole. He let me buy boxes of the same cigar before he told me anything about aging them. I can laugh now. I wasn't happy at first chasing flavor that wouldn't be there for years.