What's new

What's for dinner?

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
what kind of range is that? I am planning on redoing our kitchen soon and looking for upgrades those burners look buff! we have a viking range now that i have been less than impressed with since we got it.

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
We just did anew construction and I looked at every high end range on the market, ended up going with a Blustar platinum, visited the Blustar plant in reading pa and met the ceo, we love it

Basically it's a restaurant range made for a home and on the platinum you can interchange to have a standard burner top or have a grill or a griddle so lots of flexibility

The burners aren't "sealed" like wolf/thermador etc but it's actually easier to clean

Can easily take apart and run through dishwasher, though I just use plain old soap and water

And the cast iron doesn't really show much so it looks cleaner with less work, feel free to pm me if you have any q's

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
wow, looks awesome man. Love what you said about the modular top that is a pretty trick set up. We cook 98% of our meals at home so I don't mind going all out on kitchen hardware since I know it will get used. I am gonna check out what blustar has to offer come this spring. Thanks man!

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
They're a great company, and it's American made which never happens now adays, I'll try to take a pic of it with the grill/griddle

Here's some stock Blustar pics

And

The guys that installed it said quote
" this thing is built like a tank"
They had never seen or installed one

It really allows for a lot of flexibility, and if you read a lot of reviews real foodies/chefs seem to prefer it as it's more like a restaraunt range in terms of btus/performance

Also each one/burner ring can be removed and you can do wok cooking without anything special other than the wok

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Yeah I was reading up on them a bit last night and they sound pretty good. I think the 48" model is the sweet spot, im gonna take the better half to check them out this weekend if we have time. To me the difference is in the details, ya a stove is a stove... but on our viking range all the little things feel cheap. It has crappy plastic knobs that never feel secure they were always loose and wobbly which makes setting the oven interesting because you have a 50* of wobble from side to side. The ovens handles aren't fixed so they spin which is not a huge performance issue but for the price we payed was a bit of a surprise. Even worse than both of those things is the ignition system which is basically useless half the time. Ever since we got it is would not light correctly, either it would not light at all or the ignitor would remain on and continue firing for 15+ seconds after the burner was lit. I even had the installer come back and try to figure it out with no luck. Their new stuff looks great but never again after this last experience.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
in on this. i love cooking, and it's a good thing b/c the gf can't cook for shit.. she does clean well tho, so that works lol made this bruschetta lime chicken w/ mozzarella for her and her family last night

Reactions: ENV

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
We just did anew construction and I looked at every high end range on the market, ended up going with a Blustar platinum, visited the Blustar plant in reading pa and met the ceo, we love it

Basically it's a restaurant range made for a home and on the platinum you can interchange to have a standard burner top or have a grill or a griddle so lots of flexibility

The burners aren't "sealed" like wolf/thermador etc but it's actually easier to clean

Can easily take apart and run through dishwasher, though I just use plain old soap and water

And the cast iron doesn't really show much so it looks cleaner with less work, feel free to pm me if you have any q's
Sick range brother