What's new

What's for dinner?

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Decided to start posting here for each time I try a sample from @multi-useless meat rub bomb. That way the purity of the bombers basement is maintained... Pffffft I can't even think that with a straight face but all the same....

Had some porterhouse steaks with Daddy Hinkles Cumin and oregano rub.

Kept it to a light application as I was following a recipe for steaks with chimichurri butter, grilled capsicum and BBQ baked potatoes.

Delicious!

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Out of town but near our biggest customer, a small cafe closed a couple of week ago. Monday, when out that way, a grill has opened in that building. The sign out front

If you've never spent time in this area, you just don't know. This is just outside of Mount Airy, NC. There are many greats from here; actor/writer Andy Griffith, country music singer Donna Fargo (only song that comes to mind is Delta Dawn), the world's largest open faced granite quarry, and Ground Steak Sandwiches. Ok you can eat it just on a plate but it's rare.
When I get inside I see this sign

That's for real. Told you, it's out of town.
I didn't know till a couple of years ago Ground Steak is local. When you leave this area and ask for Ground Steak, other than an odd look, I don't know what you get, but it's not this.

There it is. Some people boil the hamburger while others fry it in a pan, making sure it is broken up, like Sloppy Joe. From there, you drain it. Now add a GOODLY amount of black pepper, some flour and a little water. Get it good and hot and cook down so it's not runny. Put it in a sandwich with mayonnaise, coleslaw and tomato. If your mind doesn't say "hey, black pepper", you didn't use enough.
Local legend (tales told sitting in a ladder back chair, spitting tobacco juice) has it that it was invented in the Flat Rock area. The way I heard it, at the crossroads, or square, one of the businesses was a small restaurant called The Hub. Locals that would hang out there, were so bad to go out back and fight, that the owner had to figure out something to sell they could chew.

Maybe I can work it out to take ya'll down town to Snappy Lunch for a battered pork chop sandwich. Oh ya.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Last night grilled pork chops with a spicy maple glaze. with balsamic glazed Brussels sprouts, carrots and bacon.

Tonight was a beef pot roast with mashed potatoes. I went a little crazy with the gravy hah.

I'm marrying the right woman for sure. So many great qualities and she keeps me well fed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk