What's new

What's for dinner?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Tonight I made Filet Mignon fajitas, seasoned with sweet peppers, cilantro, garlic, onions and alea Hawaiian sea salt. Served with fresh arugula, fontinella cheese and topped with a fresh made chimichurri consisting of; cilantro, shallots, garlic, sweet onions, lime juice, black truffle oil, and durango smoked sea salt... Absolutely deliciioussss!!! Enjoy.

Attachments

theribdoctor

Certifiable.
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Tonight I made Filet Mignon fajitas, seasoned with sweet peppers, cilantro, garlic, onions and alea Hawaiian sea salt. Served with fresh arugula, fontinella cheese and topped with a fresh made chimichurri consisting of; cilantro, shallots, garlic, sweet onions, lime juice, black truffle oil, and durango smoked sea salt... Absolutely deliciioussss!!! Enjoy.
Dude, next herf you are cooking...you got a restaurant up in Vero?

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Cooked up an old menu item at work that we used to have.

The Wiseguy burger: 6 ounce burger patty, 3 large cheese sticks, 8 fried pepperoni's, all drenched in marinara sauce. Known in the kitchen as a heart attack on a bun. Its over 2000 calories with a basket of fries and fountain drink.

LOL! That is one of the most wonderfully horrific things I have ever seen! :thumbsup:

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
The Wiseguy burger: 6 ounce burger patty, 3 large cheese sticks, 8 fried pepperoni's, all drenched in marinara sauce. Known in the kitchen as a heart attack on a bun. Its over 2000 calories with a basket of fries and fountain drink.

This reminds me of the "Fat Sandwiches" you get at the "Grease Trucks" on the campus of Rutgers University!

What'll ya have?

I'll take a Fat Darrell and a side of Lipitor...

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
This reminds me of the "Fat Sandwiches" you get at the "Grease Trucks" on the campus of Rutgers University!

What'll ya have?

I'll take a Fat Darrell and a side of Lipitor...
Ive seen that on Man vs. Food. I have always wanted to go there but just never have been anywhere near it. We have made some crazy sandwiches but none of them were menu items except for the Wise Guy.

My personal favorite I made one afternoon for lunch I had to cut in half and ate the other half for dinner and I still was stuffed for the whole entire day. Probably took a few months off of my life just eating the thing.

Grilled cheese and ham sandwich (used for the top bun)
4 pieces of bacon
2 slices of cheddar cheese
6 ounce patty
4 pieces of bacon
2 slices of cheddar cheese
6 ounce patty
Grilled cheese and ham sandwich (used for the bottom bun)

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
There's a place, here in Joplin, called Instant Karma, that serves interesting burgers, and such. There's a grilled cheese burger, where the bun top and bottom are grilled cheese sandwiches. They have a Sandwich Fit for a King... burger between two peanut butter and banana grilled sandwiches. The paradise burger (Daniel the Bugman's fave) is a burger with a glazed donut for a bun. One night, there special was a fried lasagna. Once, they cored pickles, stuffed with a hot dog, battered it and fried it. Some great stuff.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I will be happy to cook and be the Chef at the next HERF... Just let me know when and where... And yes I do have a restaurant in Vero Beach, I am co-owner. I designed the menu, trained the chef's and I let then run it... I am doing other things in the green building construction industry, as well as I am a private chef for a few hi-end clients... Cooking is my passion... :)

Dude, next herf you are cooking...you got a restaurant up in Vero?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Last night I was inspired to cook with blackberries... So inspired, that I made two completely different dishes... The first is a coconut blackberry chicken curry, served over kick but whole grain rice, with a side of fresh steamed broccoli seasoned with garlic and wine. Totally Deliciiousss! For dessert I served Blackberry mousse, served with fresh Plant City strawberries, blackberries topped with a homemade thick candied pomegranate syrup... Totally deliciiousss! Perfect on the palate...

Attachments

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
Ive seen that on Man vs. Food. I have always wanted to go there but just never have been anywhere near it. We have made some crazy sandwiches but none of them were menu items except for the Wise Guy.

My personal favorite I made one afternoon for lunch I had to cut in half and ate the other half for dinner and I still was stuffed for the whole entire day. Probably took a few months off of my life just eating the thing.
Holy Carp, Nick! Sounds awesome, but I'll agree it took a few ticks off the clock.

The grease trucks were definately an experience. But, the quality isn't good enough to travel a long distance to get a Fat Sandwich. Rutgers was near my office; it was worth the 10 minute drive.

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
Last night I was inspired to cook with blackberries... So inspired, that I made two completely different dishes... The first is a coconut blackberry chicken curry, served over kick but whole grain rice, with a side of fresh steamed broccoli seasoned with garlic and wine. Totally Deliciiousss! For dessert I served Blackberry mousse, served with fresh Plant City strawberries, blackberries topped with a homemade thick candied pomegranate syrup... Totally deliciiousss! Perfect on the palate...
Chef, the Coconut Curry Chicken sounds and look amazing! I love Eastern Indian spices and food, especially Masala. I just recently made a curried couscous salad with dried cherries. The tart sweetness of the cherries complemented the curry flavor well...

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
That sounds like a delicious Salad in deed!! Have you ever tried making it with fresh cherries?

Chef, the Coconut Curry Chicken sounds and look amazing! I love Eastern Indian spices and food, especially Masala. I just recently made a curried couscous salad with dried cherries. The tart sweetness of the cherries complemented the curry flavor well...

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
That sounds like a delicious Salad in deed!! Have you ever tried making it with fresh cherries?
No, I haven't. I added the dried cherries when I poured the hot water over the couscous. They became juicey and plump. I enjoyed the concentrated flavor of the dried cherries. Cherry season is upon us in the Midwest; I will have to try making the salad with fresh cherries. Thanks for the suggestion...

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
No problem.. Another great addition and is one of my personal culinary fruits for cooking with is pomegranates. It would add a nice sweet/tart lite crunch to your dish as well.

No, I haven't. I added the dried cherries when I poured the hot water over the couscous. They became juicey and plump. I enjoyed the concentrated flavor of the dried cherries. Cherry season is upon us in the Midwest; I will have to try making the salad with fresh cherries. Thanks for the suggestion...

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
No problem.. Another great addition and is one of my personal culinary fruits for cooking with is pomegranates. It would add a nice sweet/tart lite crunch to your dish as well.
I had originally thought to use dried cranberries, or pomegranate. I had neither in my pantry. That's how I ended up using the cherries (left over from a Christmas dessert - Chocolate Cherry Trifle).

I have used pomegranate in my Thanksgiving dishes (turkey, dressing) and really like the flavor and texture they bring. I also use pomegranate molasses to make certain sauces more rich and tangy.