What's new

What's for dinner?

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
Hmm Geno's East :) I dont think they flash freeeze tho.. But I wish they did. I have tried luo mannati's although its very very good, its for shiz not Geno's... :)

Chef
Lou's is one of my favorite deep dish pizzas, but I grew up in Lakeview/Lincoln Park with so many zza's to choose from. I am fond of Gino's as I took many a date to the location on Superior. My Pie, on Clark Street, was another favorite. Giardano's is another... I could go on and on...

By the way, Gino's does ship frozen...

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Lou's is one of my favorite deep dish pizzas, but I grew up in Lakeview/Lincoln Park with so many zza's to choose from. I am fond of Gino's as I took many a date to the location on Superior. My Pie, on Clark Street, was another favorite. Giardano's is another... I could go on and on...

By the way, Gino's does ship frozen...
Ya... rub it in!!! I was born in Lake Forrest and raised eating genos, was a family tradition... But the closest thing I can get is Lou's I am not sating they are second choice by any means, but they are the ones who deliver to Florida :)

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
Ya... rub it in!!! I was born in Lake Forrest and raised eating genos, was a family tradition... But the closest thing I can get is Lou's I am not sating they are second choice by any means, but they are the ones who deliver to Florida :)
Lake Forest?! Wow! I was born and raised in Lakeview/Lincoln Park, but had many friends from the Lake Forest/Highland Park/Deerfield area.

My brother was always partial to Giordano's, but I always had Gino's East and Pizzera Uno as my favorite pizza joints.

Let me see what I can work out... Hmmm

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
Cream of Chicken Soup with Rice and Portabella Mushrooms was on the menu last evening at Chez Juyce.

My wife LOVES Flourless Chocolate Cake, so I made her this (image below)... Ghirardelli Chocolate, Kahlua Liqueur, and powdered espresso. Topped with fresh blackberries and whipped cream.

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0

Yesterday, I made gumbo. As close to traditional as I could come without using Okra.

Mike's "Garbage" Gumbo - Shrimp, Chicken, and Adouille Sausage with onions, green onions, garlic, celery, and peppers. The trick to a great gumbo is truly in the rue and the filé powder!

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Saturday night dinner & game night, we did make your own pizzas, with all sorts of toppings. I made myself a pizza with a garlic cream sauce, ground lamb cooked with garlic and rosemary, topped with a nice stinky goat cheese and baby spinach and sauteed leeks.

A couple nights ago, I made a quesadilla with Manchego, leftover ground lamb, leeks, and used a fresh mint sour cream as a condiment. YUM!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Last night I served baked Black Sea Bass, seasoned with cayenne pepper, alea Hawaiian sea salt, lemon, roasted garlic, white truffle oil and herbs. Nestled on a bed of caramelized pineapple, honey mango, and orange bell pepper in a white wine sauce. Side was a perfect Caesar salad serving. Totally Deliciioussss! Enjoy :)

Chef

Attachments

theribdoctor

Certifiable.
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Fresh ground sirloin burgers seasoned simply with salt and pepper. With buffalo mozz melted on. Sourdough bread with roasted garlic and carmelized onions as the topping...no need for ketchup.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Cream of Chicken Soup with Rice and Portabella Mushrooms was on the menu last evening at Chez Juyce.

My wife LOVES Flourless Chocolate Cake, so I made her this (image below)... Ghirardelli Chocolate, Kahlua Liqueur, and powdered espresso. Topped with fresh blackberries and whipped cream.

flourless chocolate cake...i call it brownies on steroids.