What's new

What's in your bowl today

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
today's work snack is some C&D epiphany in my GBD:

very clean blend, not heavy but with a richness. definitely digging it. o)
nice mug, still love mine has become my daily drinker and displaced 3 starbucks mugs i used to use religiously

it seriously keeps my coffee hot for 4-5 hours if i dont get time to finish it right off

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
today's work snack is some C&D epiphany in my GBD:

very clean blend, not heavy but with a richness. definitely digging it. o)
nice mug, still love mine has become my daily drinker and displaced 3 starbucks mugs i used to use religiously

it seriously keeps my coffee hot for 4-5 hours if i dont get time to finish it right off
Same mug here. Lost one in the airport back in May and immediately ordered a replacement.
I remember an earlier discussion about these mugs, but not where it was located. What's the brand/model?

Last edited:

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0

Took the little fishy down to the river, SPC Mississippi River to be exact!
The maiden voyage of my CP Pipes blowfish, bought from @crperkins
She's a sweet smoker! Cody, if I didn't know better, I'd swear you built this thing specifically to fit my hand and my face. Love the form, fit & function!

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
yup, that is the exact mug. heavy enough that you could club someone with it, seals well enough that you wouldn't lose coffee doing it, hella insulated. only downside is the painted finish:

i have two that are down to brushed stainless. this one, still working on it.

also, clint, that blowfish looks sweet! how about a selfie? seeing as it "fits your face", let's see you mean mugging it!

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
yup, that is the exact mug. heavy enough that you could club someone with it, seals well enough that you wouldn't lose coffee doing it, hella insulated. only downside is the painted finish:

also, clint, that blowfish looks sweet! how about a selfie? seeing as it "fits your face", let's see you mean mugging it!
I was just going to say, looks like after proper break in you get a brushed stainless finish!

I'll get working on that selfie... maybe.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Smoked a couple bowls of PS Golden Dansk pretty much puffing on this since I got my pipe trade. Figured out how to pack it after three tries and just stuck with it. I tried to pack a couple others earlier, but failed at properly packing em, so I went back to the one that I know works. Extra bonus is I love this blend. This may be very close to the blend my grandpa used to smoke in his pipe. He gave up the pipe when he retired (45) so I was very young, but still remember the smell, plus the pipes ended up in the toy bin, so I got some of the flavor too... The PS Golden Dansk pretty much checks all the boxes for what I would be seeking out in a pipe tobacco. But I feel it's still a fairly generic pipe tobacco flavor/aroma. Not saying that's bad, in fact, it's good because it hit everything I want from a bowl. Tried a bowl of D.E. Meatpie afterwards and was sorely disappointed. Likely due to two back to back bowls of the PSGD. I'll have to try it sometime either in its own cob since this one's been used pretty much exclusively for one blend, or after this cob has rested a bit.

TL;DR - I love pipe smoking, need more. Haven't even opened a humidor in 4 days.

ETA: Are there any pipe baccy blends that pack a vitamin N punch? Brother in law is interested, but the only cigars I've gotten him to halfway appreciate are the straight ligero (he's a cigarette smoker) and he said he loves the idea and aroma of pipe tobacco, but IME, there's never been a pipe tobacco I've tried that's carried any kinda of nicotine kick, it's just been straight flavor. I'm fairly sensitive to nicotine, the stronger blended cigars I can't even finish or I'll end up puking up my dinner. But I've not come across a strong pipe baccy blend.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Smoked a couple bowls of PS Golden Dansk pretty much puffing on this since I got my pipe trade. Figured out how to pack it after three tries and just stuck with it. I tried to pack a couple others earlier, but failed at properly packing em, so I went back to the one that I know works. Extra bonus is I love this blend. This may be very close to the blend my grandpa used to smoke in his pipe. He gave up the pipe when he retired (45) so I was very young, but still remember the smell, plus the pipes ended up in the toy bin, so I got some of the flavor too... The PS Golden Dansk pretty much checks all the boxes for what I would be seeking out in a pipe tobacco. But I feel it's still a fairly generic pipe tobacco flavor/aroma. Not saying that's bad, in fact, it's good because it hit everything I want from a bowl. Tried a bowl of D.E. Meatpie afterwards and was sorely disappointed. Likely due to two back to back bowls of the PSGD. I'll have to try it sometime either in its own cob since this one's been used pretty much exclusively for one blend, or after this cob has rested a bit.

TL;DR - I love pipe smoking, need more. Haven't even opened a humidor in 4 days.

ETA: Are there any pipe baccy blends that pack a vitamin N punch? Brother in law is interested, but the only cigars I've gotten him to halfway appreciate are the straight ligero (he's a cigarette smoker) and he said he loves the idea and aroma of pipe tobacco, but IME, there's never been a pipe tobacco I've tried that's carried any kinda of nicotine kick, it's just been straight flavor. I'm fairly sensitive to nicotine, the stronger blended cigars I can't even finish or I'll end up puking up my dinner. But I've not come across a strong pipe baccy blend.
I think you'll have a hard time getting anything comparable vit n wise from a pipe, but if I had to pick what packs a punch I'd choose the G&H ropes brown/brown bogie, or Samuel gawith 1792

Rating - 100%
86   0   0

These stand up to a beating too mines already dented to hell and still performing flawlessly, though haven't gotten to stainless yet