What's new

What's in your bowl today

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Smoked a couple bowls of PS Golden Dansk pretty much puffing on this since I got my pipe trade. Figured out how to pack it after three tries and just stuck with it. I tried to pack a couple others earlier, but failed at properly packing em, so I went back to the one that I know works. Extra bonus is I love this blend. This may be very close to the blend my grandpa used to smoke in his pipe. He gave up the pipe when he retired (45) so I was very young, but still remember the smell, plus the pipes ended up in the toy bin, so I got some of the flavor too... The PS Golden Dansk pretty much checks all the boxes for what I would be seeking out in a pipe tobacco. But I feel it's still a fairly generic pipe tobacco flavor/aroma. Not saying that's bad, in fact, it's good because it hit everything I want from a bowl. Tried a bowl of D.E. Meatpie afterwards and was sorely disappointed. Likely due to two back to back bowls of the PSGD. I'll have to try it sometime either in its own cob since this one's been used pretty much exclusively for one blend, or after this cob has rested a bit.

TL;DR - I love pipe smoking, need more. Haven't even opened a humidor in 4 days.

ETA: Are there any pipe baccy blends that pack a vitamin N punch? Brother in law is interested, but the only cigars I've gotten him to halfway appreciate are the straight ligero (he's a cigarette smoker) and he said he loves the idea and aroma of pipe tobacco, but IME, there's never been a pipe tobacco I've tried that's carried any kinda of nicotine kick, it's just been straight flavor. I'm fairly sensitive to nicotine, the stronger blended cigars I can't even finish or I'll end up puking up my dinner. But I've not come across a strong pipe baccy blend.
I think you'll have a hard time getting anything comparable vit n wise from a pipe, but if I had to pick what packs a punch I'd choose the G&H ropes brown/brown bogie, or Samuel gawith 1792
Add Petrson 3 P, Five Brothers and Mac Baren HH ODF- all heavy on vitamin N

Rating - 100%
151   0   0

Some candy corn in this new pipe I just picked up on email deal. The bowl screws into the shank. Smokes well though.
Mine gets delivered tomorrow! I couldn't pass on the deal. Glad the pipe smokes well. Thoughts on the baccy??
The baccy was ok. I got way too much vanilla for my liking but the wife likes the smell of it which is a plus I guess. I will try a bowl again from the 2oz I got but prolly won't be ordering again lol

I was just glad I got a semi decent looking bowl. The email pic had a blue bowl but for 20 I figured I would roll the dice lol

Rating - 100%
64   0   0

Some candy corn in this new pipe I just picked up on email deal. The bowl screws into the shank. Smokes well though.
Mine gets delivered tomorrow! I couldn't pass on the deal. Glad the pipe smokes well. Thoughts on the baccy??
The baccy was ok. I got way too much vanilla for my liking but the wife likes the smell of it which is a plus I guess. I will try a bowl again from the 2oz I got but prolly won't be ordering again lol

I was just glad I got a semi decent looking bowl. The email pic had a blue bowl but for 20 I figured I would roll the dice lol
Yeah, I'm hoping I don't get the ugly blue bowl either. I normally don't do aros but I love candy corn so figured I would roll the dice on it. Thanks for the info!

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Some P.S. Bulls Eye Flake in my G.G. poker. This one has really grown on me, a LOT! Especially when I have the foresight to pull out the 3 medallions it takes to fill a bowl about an hour or two before I smoke it to dry out