What's new

What's in your bowl today

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I had to push back my 5:30 back to 6, but I made the meeting. And I am glad I did.

I packed up my Barbados, sat at the back stoop and had at it. A nice blend the DE Meat Pie is. Reminds me a little of Dunhills Early Morning Pipe with just a bit more red pepper.

Within ten minutes, almost unconsciously, I untied my shoes, sighed, and lost myself in the smoke.

After half an hour, I noted my bowl was empty. I was smoking slowly, but the tobacco never went out. I tamped it thrice.

When I put the pipe away I noted it was quite hot! I think I'll pack it tighter next time. Great smoke though.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...

Day 9 of #MeerschaumMarchMadness
in the I. Baglan carved Turkish meer
Today with HU "Old Fredder's Broken Flake", straight from Germany with thanks to BOTL piper @stukibuilt, another new to me blend in my month of many samples.
Thanks James!
This VA/Per came with a little oomph, compared to the aros I had last week. Not overly strong, but definitely lets you know it's there. Plus, the noticeable VA tang was a welcome surprise that I've been missing for a while. Off hand I'd say this was one of the better VA/Per I've tried, for my palate anyway. Not sure what domestic it compares to, but I'll have to find out!

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
I still have my 320 Brown Alligator from Secret Santa that I've not smoked yet.

Waiting for a nice warm night when I can take my time with it.
Love that one, too!
That brown 320 was my first Sav Alligator. Actually, it might have been my first Savinelli period AND my first "new" pipe! I'm going to have to go back and check now...